 Off-Topic / Debate / 28474
Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2007 16:16:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Neal wrote: SNIPPY
   I guess what I’m saying is that these types of forays outside of the default, as you put it, lead to, in my mind, to dark places. I know that you qualified your statement by restricting your comments to the realm of fiction, but I believe the ideas here transcend fiction and reality. And these ideas-- are they influencing culture, or are they reflecting culture? Both, probably, but the question is, in which order? When one starts to look for justice where it doesn’t belong, I believe outcomes like suicide bombers murdering innocent women and children start making sense.

Hey , what about the innocent men and the guilty women and children? (I had a strange cultural default twinge there as I typed ‘children’)

SNIPPY

Tim