 Off-Topic / Debate / 28490
Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:27:28 GMT

   This is bad. If people wants to kill themselves, they should knock themselves out. Assisting them is not noble and compassionate IMO.

I don’t know that it’s as simple as a black-and-white declaration. If someone is at full mental faculty but is physically incapacitated by constant agony with no hope of relief, how is it noble and compassionate to force that person to continue to suffer until the reaper shows up?

It’s considered humane to euthanize a wounded and suffering animal with no hope of recovery, yet it’s murder to assist a wounded and suffering person in the same way?

I’m not sure I can reconcile that, to be honest.

Dave!