 Licensed / Batman / 3
2  |  4
Subject:
8 foot LEGO Batman building event at FAO Schwarz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.licensed.batman
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 01:32:41 GMT

Hi everyone!

On October 21 and 22, Three LEGO Master Builders came to New York to hold a big building event at FAO Schwarz.

Since they were short-handed, the Master Builders asked if I could help out. Most of the weekend was about getting kids excited about building; building the Batman was almost a secondary element to the event. :)

The model was designed by Master Builder Steve Gerling, who created a 2-foot-tall Batman sculpture using only 2x4 bricks in three colors. Over the course of two days, over 2000 kids showed up and built 4x scale 2x4 bricks, which we then combined into an 8-foot tall version of Steve’s 2-foot prototype.

More at http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/24107

Sean
- - -
Sean Kenney