 LEGO Company / 668
Re: The sky is *not* falling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:41:18 GMT

In lugnet.lego, David Schilling wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Tom Bozzo wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Don Heyse wrote:
   So I too have my fingers crossed that whoever’s responsible for this mess got the axe in the management shakeup, and the return to core values brings a return to the core colors.

Me three. Good companies can admit and reverse mistakes like this.

You know what I think is really funny about all the griping about these new Lego colours? As soon as we find out that TLC *does* change its mind, and returns to the old colours, (and understand I’m not saying that they have or will!) everyone will scramble to get the few sets that have the new colours in them, since then they will suddenly become *rare* colours, and hence very desirable. In fact, I’d predict that the very people complaining about these new colours will be among those trying to pick them up before they’re no longer available!

Also, should Lego go back to the older colours, there will (maybe!) be an entirely different set of people that will then start complaining about the fact that Lego has stopped making a great set of new colours, and that they should go back to making them again.

I wonder if most Lego fans aren’t truly happy unless they have something to complain about....

Cheers

Richie