 LEGO Company / 652
651  |  653
Subject:
The sky *has* fallen (was Re: The sky is *not* falling)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:48:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
   In the last few days, I’ve seen much discussion, and recevied many questions about the future of the company. As you probably saw/heard, 2003 was a rough year for the LEGO Company, for a number of reasons. Kjeld has retaken the helm, and has said that we are returning to “our core”.

Rest assured, “our core” simply means our toy business. Which is to say, our toy product lines present and future.

You mean my books, keychains, pens, pencils, erasers, watches, clocks, lunchboxes, coffee mugs, umbrellas, fridge magnets, greeting cards, caps, ties, t-shirts, calculators, stickers, bookmarks, pencil cases, schoolbags, backpacks and shoes are now basically obsolete?

I don’t know what to do, but I’ll certainly be buying less of your product in future.

(Just another traumatic event in the life of a Lego fan, really.)

Adieu

Richie Dulin