 LEGO Company / 631
Re: The sky is *not* falling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 21:23:01 GMT

No, the sky is not falling.  Instead it is just raining these disgusting
blue-grey colors and chuncks of this red-brown stuff.

The new color changes SUCK!!!!  Change them back, and fire whoever thought
them up in the first place.  Fix this problem before you ruin future sets,
like the Millennium Falcon!!!!

An unhappy AFOL,
Greg

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message
In the last few days, I've seen much discussion, and recevied many • questions
about the future of the company. As you probably saw/heard, 2003 was a • rough
year for the LEGO Company, for a number of reasons. Kjeld has retaken the • helm,
and has said that we are returning to "our core".

Rest assured, "our core" simply means our toy business. Which is to say, • our toy
product lines present and future.

[Licenses]

Harry Potter and Star Wars are NOT going away any time soon. Licenses are • not
going to stop, simply continue to improve. We have to take (and have • taken)
steps to ensure we manage the peaks and valleys that licensing brings with • it
(Movie years vs. non-movie years, for example). We are still going to be • going
after the top licenses with the right brand fit.

In fact, we have announced what I think is going to be a great license • today:

<http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/index.jsp?epi-content=GENERIC
&newsId=20040112005662&newsLang=en&beanID=202776713&viewID=news_view
Dora the Explorer>

[Mindstorms]

Mindstorms is not going away, but may continue to evolve. Like all • technology
products, Mindstorms will continue to grow and improve as consumers gain • new
technology knowledge and technology itself continues to get better and • smaller.

[WWYM Line]

Another fear I've heard is that the "What Will You Make?" line is going • away.
This is not true, and the 2003 product line showed great success and • potential.
Stay tuned for more great WWYM products in 2004!

More information will be forthcoming, as the changes progress.

Thanks!¬
Jake¬

---¬
Jake McKee¬