 LEGO Company / 637
Re: The sky is *not* falling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:08:34 GMT

This one time, Greg Muri wrote:
Hi Anne, glad there are people out there who feel the same way I do and are
not afraid to say so.

Why should I be? I give them money. Since I have a choice on what I pay
for, I have a right to open my big mouth and say something :)

TLC has made zero effort with regards to the color change issue.  Simply
posting that garbage about the color pallette and then dropping the issue
is unacceptable to me.

I couldn't agree more. I couldn't tell you how upset I was about the whole
thing. It was enough to change my mind about doing any building as of recently
(although I will be building again soon), and enough to change my mind on
not competing for the master builder competition.

I don't want to work for a company that makes really dumb decisions--whether
it's a dream job or not. I've already dealt with enough of that working for
some of my previous employers. Hmmpt.

I can only hope that the current shake up of the company will have positive
results.  I've got my fingers crossed.

Ditto. That said, I'm glad to see that TLC is going back to the brick. It's
really important to stay with your core values instead of destroying them.
That's what killed so many companies--that ever-popular expansion into
products they have no idea about.

-Anne
--
I always said I wanted to be   (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-.
somebody. Perhaps I should      >.~.\ `` ` `,`,`. ,'_'~`.