 LEGO Company / 665
Re: The sky is *not* falling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:18:44 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego, Gregory Muri wrote:
glad there are people out there who feel the same way I do and are
not afraid to say so.  TLC has made zero effort with regards to the
color change issue.  Simply posting that garbage about the color
pallette and then dropping the issue is unacceptable to me.  I can
only hope that the current shake up of the company will have
positive results.  I've got my fingers crossed.

Me too.  I've resisted buying the new colors, but I just started
building a set I got as a gift and a couple of things struck me.  I
just don't buy the lame focus group / crisper pallette explanation.
The implementation is just too hurried and half baked to support
that theory.

For one thing, the "new improved" colors are not even mentioned on the
package, much less advertised as you'd expect.  Also, the model
pictured on the outside of the package (4495) appears to contain a mix
of old and new dark grey colored parts.  And the instructions on the
inside still show the old dark grey.  The whole thing looks rushed.

I actually find the "new colors cause cancer" theory advanced by the
toronto guys to be more more believable.  Probably someone in upper
management realized that the laws against using cheaper carcinogenic
dyes are much more lax in China than in Enfield and made a quick
decision to bump up profits for 2004.

So I too have my fingers crossed that whoever's responsible for this
mess got the axe in the management shakeup, and the return to core
values brings a return to the core colors.

Don