 LEGO Company / 658
Re: The sky is *not* falling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:42:53 GMT

Jake McKee <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote:
Mindstorms is not going away, but may continue to evolve. Like all
technology products, Mindstorms will continue to grow and improve as
consumers gain new technology knowledge and technology itself continues
to get better and smaller.

Sounds somewhat promising. However, I hope the growth and improvement in
this area also follows the "back to basics" direction. Pretty much
*everything* after the first RCX (and 2.0) has been slanted away from
open-ended creative building, and towards pre-defined action-toys like
Spybotics. Hopefully, the future evolution will go towards smarter and
better (smaller, more inputs and outputs, separate power from brain, etc.)
rather than just smaller and simpler.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>