 LEGO Company / 656
Re: The sky is *not* falling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:19:54 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Gregory Muri wrote:
No, the sky is not falling.  Instead it is just raining these disgusting
blue-grey colors and chuncks of this red-brown stuff.

The new color changes SUCK!!!!  Change them back, and fire whoever thought
them up in the first place.  Fix this problem before you ruin future sets,
like the Millennium Falcon!!!!

An unhappy AFOL,
Greg

...begin sarcasm...
Oh look!  It's a dead horse!  Lets beat it!
...end sarcasm...

What ever do you mean, Orion? We never beat dead horses HERE. OR use sarcasm.
(0)

More seriously, now certainly would be a good time to revisit the color decision
if it were ever going to happen that it got revisited, and a politely worded,
well reasoned and well written post might be just the thing to insert into this
thread(1).

I have a silly little metric though... when I see "SUCK" in a post, I tend to
think the post may not be as well written and well reasoned and polite as it
could be. It's not a perfect metric but it's stood me in good stead in the past
.That's just me, YMMV though. Also the use of more than one "!" tends to be a
sign that there might be some foaming going on, but again, YMMV.

Greg makes an important point which is now possibly going to be written off by a
significant fraction of the readership because he gave them an out... I can just
here whoever (2) in Billund now... "Stupid fans, they're foaming about this
again instead of bringing us a business case for changing or suggestions on how
to do it... ignore them, they'll stop foaming sooner or later. What they say
doesn't matter and they'll keep buying the stuff anyway"

That's too bad really.

0 - that was sarcasm, in case you were wondering
1 - on the off chance that LEGO were not aware that many of us don't like the
changes...
2 - A Dane who sees LEGO(r) as the largest company in Denmark and therefore a
good career, not one who wanted to work at LEGO all his life because he likes
the brick. Don't fool yourself, there are a lot of the former there. Give them
no excuses.

++Lar