 LEGO Company / 651
Re: The sky is *not* falling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:01:55 GMT

WOW!  I am not sure exactly what to say to this Paul.

My post here was done intentionally to keep the color change issue present
and current in the forums.  I think that was accomplished and there
certainly was no other meaning written or implied.  I will continue to make
post like this until such time as the problem is corrected or Lego has
decided that people with my opinion are not valuable customers.

I am sure that Jake, Brad, Kate, and any other Lego employee, are "friends"
to this community, although I think that a portion of that "friendship" is
duty and nothing more.  Jake relays information to this and other online
communities because it is his job!  Just because the company is going
through tough times his job remains the same.  I am in no way taking
anything away from anyone in the Lego organization in terms of their level
of devotion to Lego as a product.  I am however getting a bit disgusted that
someone, like yourself, would respond such as you did to my legitimate
complaint.  I guess I will just have to get over it, but that doesn't make
it any less ridiculous.

As far as your comment about "tough times at a company", give me a
break!!!!!  I think I have an excellent idea what tough times are all about,
I have been unemployed since August!

Lego has to suffer the consequences of pathetically poor decisions plain and
simple.  I can only hope that the color changes are one of those and get
corrected as soon as is earthly possible.

"Paul S. D'Urbano" <durbano@optonline.net> wrote in message
snip
Lastly, I hope that you aren't disheartened by some folks who choose to • respond
to your post with more complaints about the color change.  I guess some • times
the people here take for granted the relationship your company has built • with
our community.  I consider you (and Brad, Kate, etc.) to be friends of our
community.  When a friend of mine is going through a tough time but still • goes
out of their way to reassure *me* about it, I wouldn't think it fair to • respond
with my pet complaint.  Perhaps it's because I've been at a company when • times
get tough and know how stressful and scary it can be.  Others may not • realize
what you guys are going through.

All the best to you and your co-workers...

-Paul S. D'Urbano