 Year / 2002 / 166
Re: 2002 catalog scans at FBTB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 23:52:42 GMT

  I am somewhat disappointed by the Cloud Car.  It looks like it is indeed
all in one color, but I can't tell if it is original red or a new shade.
The major disappointment to me is that they do not have enclosed cockpits.
It appears the Cloud Car cockpit consists of a hinged 2x5 airplane canopy
(like the ones used in Millennium Falcon escape pod) with two of those 1x2
plate-with-handlebar pieces on the sides for "windows".  Also, it looks as
though the outside side of each pod has a 4 long hinged panel consisting of
two 1x2x2 panel elements on hinges opening for the pilot to get out.  I
rather wish they had chosen to use a design that used an enclosed cockpit
instead.
  The Alpha Team sets look to be very useful in terms of parts-my biggest
hope is that those are ABS plastic panels on the sides of that station.  The
Destroyer Droids are very well done, the blaster design on them is quite
interesting.  I am kind of disappointed that it appears they will be selling
for $5+, a price more like $3-4 seems more reasonable.  Good work, Lego!

In lugnet.general, Kevin Johnston writes:
Tim comes through again.

http://www.fbtb.net/ -- see news for today, 29 Oct.

Warning: certain theme fans (SW, Potter) may like what they see, but System
fans should prepare for disappointment.  Kudos to Lego, regardless, for
creative use of Dinosaurs parts (see "Alpha-Zone").

Kevin