 Year / 2002 / 140
Re: Best new part EVER
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:42:18 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:
   I do wonder if they've got 20-wide cylinder sides, though,
   given the 4795 image, or if those are just paper inserts.

I suspect those are just plastic/paper sheets. Still, it looks decent,
though obviously it would be nicer if they were regular ABS pieces.

I see some nice stuff here, though some is not so exciting. Things I
like:

- more of Ogel's troops
- anti-freeze spears
- I like many of the aspects of the new Alpha Team sets
- pumpkin in HP set
- Gringot's gnomes (while those heads look a tad goofy, it's still nice
to get more non-humans)
- In general, I like both those sets
- 7119 Twin Pod Cloud Car
- Ewoks (ok, so I'm a sucker.., again, non-humans, and they do look like
they will come out a bit shorter than regular minifigs)
- 7201 Final Duel I (er, I think that should be Final Duel II, a catalog
misprint...), I just hope the price is cheaper than it appears it will
be from the special offer
- If those are really separate minifig heads on those new Racers, that
would be cool, the bigger Racer sets look like they are minifig sets

The not so good:

- I could pass on that troll, a minifig head just looks goofy
- I hate to disappoint them, but 3416 isn't new for 2002...
- New soccer teams, nice in one way, bad in another

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com