 Year / 2002 / 133
Re: 'Stubbies' © Matthew Gerber (Richard's just deluding himself!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.fun
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:04:02 GMT

In lugnet.year.2002, Richard Noeckel writes:
In lugnet.year.2002, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.year.2002, Richard Noeckel writes:
a new 'stubby' version of the old ones?

Stubbies is my guess (can I coin that phrase now, for everyone to use for
the rest of time?) [1]

[1] (Stubbies ©2001, Matthew Gerber)

You sooooo can NOT!

I claim infringement of my term…   >:-\

I used it first, I put brackets around it…

It’s rightfully mine!?!

Oh no, no, no...you said "'stubby' version" in refering to the minifig
legs...I actually used the all inclusive term "Stubbies©" [1] to indicate
the same, but in an entirely more elegant way.

I also, of course, footnoted "Stubbies©" [1] with an actual copyright
notice, whereas YOU, my friend, simply used 'stubby' as a throw-away term.

You're going to have to face facts, Richard...I will go down in the annals
of LUGNET history as the one who coined the term "Stubbies©" [1] as AFOL
slang to indicate these new, shorter minifig legs, while you will be naught
but a footnote to that glorious history. [2]

             That goes for TLG too!
(They can’t use the term with out first consulting me.)

Ooh! You gonna' get that Maori lawyer guy to help you with that? [3]

Hello, I did initiate the whole discussion of how Lego was gonna
produce a mini-minifig.    http://news.lugnet.com/harrypotter/?n=809

I don't recall you stating that "Stubbies©" [1] were going to be used at the
time though...you were talking about "Micros©" [4], by way of mini-minifig
heads...

Matt [5]

[1] (Stubbies ©2001, Matthew Gerber)
[2] See...here you are. <g>
[3] 8?D
[4] (Micros ©2001, Matthew Gerber)-just covering my bases here!
[5] Who doesn't usually use footnotes, but here you are anyway...go fig!