 Year / 2002 / 158
157  |  159
Subject:
More POOPs and licenses (was Re: 2002 catalog scans at FBTB)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:10:23 GMT

In lugnet.year.2002, John Carroll writes:
is it just me or do some of the racers have POOP bodies, with a
minifig head? look at 4582, 4583, 4593, 4595 & 4582.  4584 &
4585 seem to have normal minifigs but those other ones seem
to have a single element for their bodies.  I like some of faces
but a poop body for a minifig.  ewww.  I just hope they are reg
minifig heads.

Yep, looks like weird pseudo-torso pieces to me too.  I wonder if they fly
off on impact like the current Racers?

Also, it looks like there is a back story, suggested by the background art.
Does this come from the Racers software?  (I've never seen it in action.)

New tidbit on another topic: Tim has a new news item that the "quest"
preview belongs to a new *LICENSE*.  What's really annoying is that it's
some brand-new Fox cartoon show (Galindor or something like that).  Is this
the first license attached to a property without an established following?

I was hoping this was some new in-house creation.  But instead it means
there are NO NEW IN-HOUSE THEMES for early 2002; just extensions of a few
existing ones.

Kevin