 Year / 2002 / 123
Re: Best new part EVER
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 06:37:42 GMT

In lugnet.year.2002, James Howse writes:
They're also visible in the first Alpha Team page, where the curve is more
visible. From the pics they appear to have a 2x6 footprint. The curve mates
with the new canopy peice that appears in most of the larger sub sets.

Yeah, they're all over the place, and on the Racer sets too. The canopy
appears to have open sides -- which is not the most sensible approach to
underwater vehicles.

James (who wonders why LEGO makes so many new elements each year)

That's the business they are in -- making these plastic elements.  The
question which I assume you are alluding to is:

Why can't they make, or re-make, elements for us while they are pumping out
all these new parts at the same time?

-- Hop-Frog (worried that if Bionickles go away that Alpha Team sets will
look shockingly like the characters from Mata Nui by next year.  For 2002
they only look like some kind of Creator, Jack Stone, Bionickle stew...)