 Year / 2002 / 107
Re: 2002 catalog scans at FBTB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 23:36:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin Johnston writes:
http://www.fbtb.net/ -- see news for today, 29 Oct.

I can second the desire for better, higher resolution scans.  Even so, I
have the following questions/comments:

#4712 -- Hary Potter set.  What is that thing -- a white fountain, a sink, a
toilet?  Is that a pumpkin head?  What is the big purple character supposed
to be?

Alpha Team and Racers look like the dumping grounds for the many
un-Lego-like Jack Stone and Dinosaur elements.  I'll give them some points
for the giant sqid vehicle -- at least its clever.

The rest is a big yawn and quite worrying actually.  Except for Lego Direct,
the rest of the company seems bent on producing the most un-brick-like stuff
they have EVER produced.  The more Jack Stone-like, Creator-like,
Dinosaur-like, and Bionickle-like the product lines become the less I see
myself spending ANY money on them.  I *might* buy some of the Alpha Team and
Racers sets if the sets are priced well.

"The Quest Begins Now"???

I think they don't realize how it's actually about to end -- abruptly!!!

What a lot of crap.

-- Hop-Frog