 Year / 2002 / 138
Re: Best new part EVER
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:51:12 GMT

In lugnet.year.2002, James Howse writes:
In lugnet.year.2002, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Look at this:

  http://www.fbtb.net/2002/17.jpg

  See the grey pieces on top of 4795 (and on the back of the
  yellow sub, that stretches across the page seam)?  Those
  look an awful lot like half-versions of the maligned Droid
  Fighter Wing piece--in short, corner bits!  I'm stoked.  This
  is pretty cool--almost better than new canopy bits.  They
  may, however, be slightly curved, which would be a bummer
  with respect to mating them with the 6x8 roof pieces.

They're also in red on the nose of the twin cloud car.
See
http://www.fbtb.net/2002/03.jpg

They're also visible in the first Alpha Team page, where the curve is more
visible. From the pics they appear to have a 2x6 footprint. The curve mates
with the new canopy peice that appears in most of the larger sub sets.

James (who wonders why LEGO makes so many new elements each year)

And in brown (to my poor eyes) on the new speeder bike that comes with the
ewoks.  So we can use them in our droid fighter creations in the right color.

Speaking of ewoks...do those mini-mini-fig legs (term used to avoid a team
of lawyers coming to my house) bend? Or are our ewoks and goblins permently
up standing citizens like poor Hagrid?

Allen D. Carley - I like using ()s.  It's a holdover from my Lisp days