 Trains / 28663 (-100)
  Re: 12 wide Mister Rogers Trolley

(...) And so it begins.....You'll have to change your corner store to the 12 wide Emporium. I loved Mr. Rogers as a kid and it was mostly due to Trolley and the Land of Make Believe. This is a very nicely done model, as usual. I'm curious as to how (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pennsylvania Railroad in Lego

(...) I love it! Nicely done Cale. I like the fact that you went to the trouble to accurately model the motor as well. Great attention to detail. I missed the Frisco version of this at the NMRA, but am glad that you revisited it with the (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Count the train bases: 3 The windows are 8 1x4x3 and 16 panels 1x2x2 The doors are 4 (2 left and 2 right). You have 3 complete bases but not enough parts to make two waggons and an engine. There are few train windows and trasparent panels. I (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Looks like a great set for those who travel. I’ll be getting at least one for that purpose and another idea I have. My only gripe is they now count the wheel parts separately: 12 holders 24 wheels and 12 axles for a total of 48 parts that (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Well I agree it is a little misleading even with the little pic with the red X, but I still think there's a pretty good selection of parts for the price. I really hope the cost to Aus isn't 1.5x the cost to the US like most sets on S@H though. (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) So, how many models can be made from this set at the same time, or are we paying $100 for one engine model? -- Don (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) $100 for 1080 pieces, or a little under 10 cents per piece, seems to be a pretty typical price point.for sets. Since the motors are going for $20 through Factory, that would tack another $20 onto the price of the set...or require dropping (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Actually, the verbage on the NA box appears in English of course, but also in French and Spanish in smaller caracters. The verbage on the IN box appears in 12 languages, including English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch... (I will not (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Too bad... for 100USD (100EUR here in the old world) it should have a motor... with no motor this set gets too pricey. And I also think that the main image, picturing a motor, is misleading. I'm a bit disappointed. G. (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

"Gianluca Morelli" <poldoshop@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:JDoyM7.EJH@lugnet.com... (...) The motor is not included in the box. Look closely at this image: (URL) the lower right hand corner there is a picture of a 9v train motor and some track. (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

What about the motor? The swiss crocodile looks motorized, but there's no motor in the parts list... (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:JDowF1.G1y@lugnet.com... (...) I will go ahead and pre-answer one question which I am pretty sure someone will pose: Q: Why are their two versions of the box? A: Like many LEGO sets, (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

ILTCO has received some images of the new 10183 LEGO Hobby Train. (URL) you are not familiar with the LEGO Hobby Train (aka UTB), you can read some background information in this thread: (URL) first public announcement of the 10183 LEGO Hobby Train (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: I have a dream...

(...) I've been corrected, there _is_ and 8-wide model pictured on the box, just not the front ;) (...) I'll see what kind of information I can get, but I just learned that there is a picture of the box on page 15 (17 in the pdf) of BrickJournal 6. (...) (18 years ago, 18-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) I'm going to rely on my 9V trains simply for power and control. But, if LEGO want me to buy more IR stuff then they could consider the following: A 16-stud version of the IR base. They'd only need to re-mould the top part, then you could use (...) (18 years ago, 17-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) Probably not, at least for enough years to matter to TLG's bottom line. My purchases are less than 1/10 of pre-Bley already without the TrackChange issue, but so far I've bought *TWO* "new" train sets (ones that involve the new track system, (...) (18 years ago, 17-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I have a dream...

(...) any idea on what's in the inventory for this set? looks awsome btw. ondrew (18 years ago, 17-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) actuly the ironic thing is lego is producing something like you described for the 2007 lineup. the dinosar and grader have an ir motor controler with a seperate motor and battery pac. the only down side is it's uncompatable with the old 9v (...) (18 years ago, 17-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) another hypothetical here: If lego or someone else was to produce a motor that matched the pulling power or was stronger than the current 9v motor and there was a system in place to suport the amp draw would that have any affect on your (...) (18 years ago, 17-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) Again, I am someone who will never convert to the plain plastic, but I see the IR system being much more useful if the battery/receiver is unbundled from the baseplate. Ideally, I would like to have the IR receiver unbundled from both battery (...) (18 years ago, 17-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) Not gonna happen until TLG brings out a motor that can handle remotely near the current motor, and maybe not even then. I already have too much money spent on rechargeable batteries, I'm not about to attempt to power a decent train with a (...) (18 years ago, 17-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) OK, well one really simple, almost trivial thing: you can run the IR train on the same track as the 9V, allowing you to have two trains going around a track in different directions, with just a quick timed siding excursion to let them pass and (...) (18 years ago, 17-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) Before this goes way off on a tangent let me rephrase my question. What changes would you propose to the IR/RC train system to make it useful in a complementary way to the 9v system? I understand that some will never convert as they have (...) (18 years ago, 17-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

[Warning: non-train person elbowing into the conversation, so my viewpoint is... very different perhaps] (...) There are two issues I see being important for me: control and power (and yes, I know lots of reasons why it's best to do that through (...) (18 years ago, 17-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) Personally, I'd use the plastic gray track rails before I'd use the plastic track compatible with the 9 volt track. I suppose it would be easy for TLG to make gentler curves using pieces such as those, but the point is mute for me. I'm with (...) (18 years ago, 17-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) Changes... NONE!! I have too much invested in 9v trains to convert to RC and plastic track. It is my belief that who can say in the next few years that TLG won't switch to another train line. They have gone from pre-- to 4.5v, to 12v, 9v and (...) (18 years ago, 17-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

I’d like to pose a question that’s been bothering me lately. Since RC trains made they’re debut last year many issues have risen with the product in its current form. Mainly these are control and power issues but there are many other quirks as well. (...) (18 years ago, 17-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: ULUG attends the Great Train Expo in Salt Lake City

(...) Thanks for the compliment. I love the term "T-Wrecks"! I am going to add that to our "I Spy" game. Brian (18 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  Re: ULUG attends the Great Train Expo in Salt Lake City

(...) I got a good chuckle out of Xango, the "T-Wrecks"! Not only an amusing creation but a very inclusive work, making good use of lettering and mosaics. Very nice! -Jordan (18 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  Revised LDD Amtrak / ATSF Models

(...) I have some revisions and additions to my assortment of LEGO Factory streamliner cars. First, there is now a hi-level lounge car with (non-functional) viewing windows. (URL) This is available in both Amtrak (Metroliner) and bare metal (for (...) (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Dark Side™ paging Mr. Leiphart.....

(...) Not a happy, albeit pretty accurate (as far as I'm concerned), future for us LEGO train-heads :( Dave K (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Dark Side™ paging Mr. Leiphart.....

(...) Not at all. It's actually quite practical. Let's face it-- the 9 volt LEGO train system is doomed for extinction. Soon there will be no more metal track being produced, and the electric train motor will be discontinued as well. We all know (...) (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Dark Side™ paging Mr. Leiphart.....

(...) I don't think I'll be going 12 wide anytime soon though. Thats just silly. Cale (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Dark Side™ paging Mr. Leiphart.....

(...) Talk about preaching to the choir! lol You rock! JOHN (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pennsylvania Railroad in Lego

(...) These are top-notch MOCs, Cale. Very nicely done! JOHN (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ULUG attends the Great Train Expo in Salt Lake City

(...) Jeffrey, I enjoyed the perspective of the show from a mini-fig level. You have some great shots. Thanks for sharing. Brian P.s. I didn't think anyone noticed the "bunny sniper" but obviously you did. (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  Re: The Dark Side™ paging Mr. Leiphart.....

(...) 8 wide isn't the dark side. It's just the proper way to do things. :-D I've tried 6 wide and was never happy with the results. (...) Thanks Cale (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Dark Side™ paging Mr. Leiphart.....

(...) Oh great! As if my list of (URL) Pennsylvania Railroad Museum> exhibits to model wasn't long enough already. :) The plow would be a pretty cool MOC though. Cale (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Pennsylvania Railroad in Lego

Some of you may have seen a few of these MOCs at BrickFest 2006 or the NMRA National Train Show in Philly last year but I haven't got around to posting them until now. Pennsylvania Railroad K4s Pacific (URL) This is a Pennsylvania Railroad (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: The Dark Side™ paging Mr. Leiphart.....

(...) Merely referring to the 8 widiness. For some reason I missed or forgot the fact that you had crossed over to enlightenment:-) Well done, grasshopper. JOHN (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Dark Side™ paging Mr. Leiphart.....

(...) Perhaps you need to build one of (URL) these> Tim (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Dark Side™ paging Mr. Leiphart.....

(...) The Dark Side? Are you referring to the (URL) truck design> (partially inspired by (URL)) or the fact that I cut (URL) Lego flex tubing>. The trucks will work without the (URL) eighth inch brass tube> but it really helps to keep down the (...) (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ULUG attends the Great Train Expo in Salt Lake City

Once Again I am the slow guy. Just kidding. Oh and our apologies about not posting an announcement for the show before it happened. I almost did once, but got busy doing other things. We will fix that for the next show. Just as Brian said it was a (...) (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  Re: ULUG attends the Great Train Expo in Salt Lake City

(...) That is good to hear. I kind of figured as much. (...) I'm not to sure about what the term is for it. I am from the east coast and was skating well over 20 years ago . . . long before any of the skate terms made it across the country. (or at (...) (18 years ago, 14-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  Re: ULUG attends the Great Train Expo in Salt Lake City

(...) Thanks. I feel there is a LEGO standard that needs to be maintained when it comes to train lay-outs. We are far from examplary but we hope to not disappoint. (...) Those were contributing by the TFOLS and it comes down to playing nice. I, too, (...) (18 years ago, 14-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  Re: The Dark Side™ paging Mr. Leiphart.....

(...) Fantastic MOCs! Inspiration for me :) Dave K (18 years ago, 14-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ULUG attends the Great Train Expo in Salt Lake City

(...) I have never done a show, but, I am very impressed with the adjustments you've made and how quickly you made them since the last show. Also, the openness to feedback and constantly striving to improve are exceptional qualities. How well (...) (18 years ago, 14-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  ULUG attends the Great Train Expo in Salt Lake City

To all, Over the weekend (February 9th and 10th) ULUG participated at the Great Train Expo in Salt Lake City. This is our second show together. Our last (URL) show> was a success but we still needed to work out a few minor issues. We were warmly (...) (18 years ago, 14-Feb-07, to lugnet.org.us.ulug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, FTX)

  The Dark Side™ paging Mr. Leiphart.....

(URL) :-)> (18 years ago, 14-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: I have a dream...

(...) [...] (...) I'd like to add, that we made certain that 8-wide trains could be built using 10183. There are enough black plates (4xN and 2xN) and black 2x8 technic plates to built a decent sized 8-wide base. Also, one builder did build an (...) (18 years ago, 13-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1981 German LEGO Train Poster

(...) Hi Tim, I remember to think: "wow - what a cool layout!" in 1982 when I first saw this. But then I realized this had not a single loop. Today I know this may in fact be realistically in a manner, that you do not have ovals in real life. But (...) (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1981 German LEGO Train Poster

(...) That is a really weird track layout. Tim (18 years ago, 11-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1981 German LEGO Train Poster

(...) This one, right? (URL) (18 years ago, 10-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  12 wide Mister Rogers Trolley

(URL) I (URL) posted> an in-progress pic of this MOC before Thanksgiving (which I see I dumped; don't remember doing that). In any event, we've finished it and have finally taken some pics of it. My initial post covers the main points, but I wanted (...) (18 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Monon FM H10-44

(...) What's just as easy as using the motor sidebars is cribbing from someone who has already addressed the problem; my lazy bones await your results:-D JOHN (18 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Monon FM H10-44

(...) Thanks John for the advice and compliments. I will admit that it is the easy way to decorate the sides of the motors. I'll sit down this weekend and see what I can come up with. -J (18 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  1981 German LEGO Train Poster

I have this German 1981 LEGO Train System poster that shows the #7725, #7740 and #7750 trains. I was looking all over Peeron and Bricklink, and I cannot find it anywhere. Am I not looking in the right places, or is it not posted on either site? The (...) (18 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Old 12V, town, yellow castle adverts

(...) They were lovely sets then with decent features (signals anyone?) Shame I was never allowed any :( (18 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Monon FM H10-44

(...) Hmmm, now that's how I like my choo-choos: smooth and 8 wide:-d I have one criticism, and it is the same criticism that I have of my own locos-- not detailing the trucks and relying on the LEGO train sidebar thingy. Motor trucks are a pain to (...) (18 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Great Edmonton Train Show 2006

"Andrew Forbes" <consulm@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:JB6Fp0.MK1@lugnet.com... (...) Andrew: I just got around to looking at your Show pictures. Wow, I love the landscaping and the elevation changes. I also love the way that the track runs with (...) (18 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  attention!: PAUL SINASOHN ----jambalaya box

hey paul, i have emailed you privatly but gotten no responce. did you recive the jambalaya box and more importantly did you mail it to the next location? ondrew (18 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: I have a dream...

(...) SNIP (...) LOL, like a lot this TradeMark. (...) SNIP (...) I wish you success in this but I'm really not in using non-LEGO parts. Thank you very much for the advice. (18 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Received 9V old dark grey track from online PAB

(...) Just an update, if anyone cares or is affected: Lego is unable to send me the RC track, indicating that it only comes in the boxes with the curves. It is no big deal because I am happy with the 9V track and have just placed a Bricklink order (...) (18 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I have a dream...

(...) Bonjour, Didier! (...) Didier, I also have had this dream, but to be honest with you, I believe that AFOLs can build UCS sets better than TLG can as a retail set. TLG must above all worry about the bottom line-- that is, their primary concern (...) (18 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: I have a dream...

In lugnet.trains, Didier Enjary wrote: (snip) (...) Yep, I wrote that as more of a generic article both for my club (who have only a few hardcore train guys) and for the general audience visiting our club website. (...) I would love to see some UCS (...) (18 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: I have a dream...

(...) Perfectly well summarized, thank you Tim. I'm not alone to dream, for instance check this post : (URL) the way, past years Q&A keynotes from Brad/Jake are interesting to re-read). One could answer that LEGO Factory is the way to have UCS (...) (18 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Old 12V, town, yellow castle adverts

hi folks, I just wanna let you know that I've uploaded some hires scans (each 6-8 MB) of adverts I found in some old german comic books from the eighties. enjoy! (URL) never thought I would ever post in these groups ;-) (18 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle)

  Re: I have a dream...

UCS Trains! Tim (18 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  I have a dream...

Hi, Guess what I’m about to talk... : 6wide vs 8wide! no trolling inside :-) I was reading Jeramy’s blog and more precisely this post : (URL) could say the post by Jeramy is nothing really new on the 6vs8 debate. I don’t agree, for instance the (...) (18 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  BS Find: "CSX GE B-40-8 in bright future scheme" by Swoofty

(2 URLs) BS> Hi All, Does anyone know who is responsible for this? I think it's one of the best six-wide American diesels I have ever seen. The detailing on it is just extraordinary. Thanks 'Swoofty'. Tim (18 years ago, 6-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Monon FM H10-44

(...) Thanks Jonathan. Hopefully when the weather gets nicer, I can shoot some photgraphs outside under natural light, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon, since Indiana is expected to be hit with 6 inches of snow by midnight tonight. (...) (18 years ago, 6-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Monon FM H10-44

(...) Thank you Tim. The studless design is largely inspired by Jonathon Lopes, who has been doing a lot in terms of studless construction with his vehicles and buildings. A great Monon resource is (URL) The Monon Railroad Historical-Technical (...) (18 years ago, 6-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Monon FM H10-44

I love this. I was reading about in your blog a couple of weeks ago and was inspired to find out a bit more about F-M locos (although I failed to find any pics in Monon colours) I even did a Lugnet search to see if I had missed you posting about it! (...) (18 years ago, 6-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BrickFest™ PDX 2007 Event Identity Design

(URL) BrickFest™ PDX 2007 is coming! Where: Portland, Oregon, USA When: March 30th - April 1st 2007 This year's BrickFest™ event identity is celebrating the "basic building block" of the LEGO® system: The 2x4 brick. (URL) For most, the 2x4 brick (...) (18 years ago, 6-Feb-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: Monon FM H10-44

(...) I think it is great! Black is a tough color to photograph, unfortunately, and even in real life when looking at black MOC's the details get lost. Your version reads really well. IMO it reads "train model", as opposed to "train model built from (...) (18 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) Jeffrey, How is the new crane coming along? Have you been able to figure out the physics yet? (...) Yes, we do. (...) (18 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  Monon FM H10-44

I finished this up about a month ago, but have been too busy to post it until now. (URL) Read about it (and see prototype pics) (URL) Again, comments are appreciated! (I apologize in advance for the dark pictures. I'm still trying to figure out how (...) (18 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Hartford Hosts England's Loudest Band

(URL) NELUG> was proud to rock Hartford at the Great Train Expo this weekend. We truly turned it up to eleven. (URL) Spïnal Tap was (URL), eagerly cheered on by a horde of Vikings and a bunch of bodacious babes (some of royal blood). Throw in one (...) (18 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: Received 9V old dark grey track from online PAB

(...) In the grand tradition of replying to one's own post, I received yesterday my pick-a-brick order of 9v train track in old dark grey. What a good day! Rafe (18 years ago, 4-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

(...) Ohhhhhh, pretty :) Congrats :) (18 years ago, 3-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Alright Brian, You got me (sorry guys but it was a side conversation). Anyways, thanks everyone for the feedback, it was really helpful. I myself was unfortunately unable to attend the show. Oh and if anyone was wondering who the builder of the (...) (18 years ago, 3-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

(...) Jordan, Lookin' good! -Paul (18 years ago, 3-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train MOCs in 8mm scale

(...) Thanks Tim, a useful vote of confidence. I just tried 1x3 curved slopes but these will not give the correct shape - it's quite a steeply curved roof, even compared to other BR locos. I think a row of black cheeses at the sides will be the best (...) (18 years ago, 3-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train MOCs in 8mm scale

I really like your class 14, I think its your best loco yet which I spose shows how one develops ones skills. The combination of green and sand green gives an unusual (but prototypical) colour scheme. (For those that don't now what the real thing (...) (18 years ago, 3-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train MOCs in 8mm scale

(...) At the time I built that part of it, I did not have the clear 1x1 slopes to do it. Certainly something I shall consider, though the windows are such an odd shape on the real engine that it needs SNOT 1x2 clear bricks as well, and the cheeses (...) (18 years ago, 2-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train MOCs in 8mm scale

(...) Hi Mark, While you've captured a lot of the details of the Class 14 quite well I can't help but feel that the model is let down by a few points. I really like your grille designs, particularly the slight outsetting. Also the handles on the (...) (18 years ago, 2-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  New Train MOCs in 8mm scale

Here's an update on the Train MOCs I've built recently. Finally completed the British Class 14 Diesel loco with BBB wheels and extending rods. Added the green grille tiles too: (URL) piece of ballasted track, with AWS magnet (UK train stopping and (...) (18 years ago, 2-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

(...) Paul and others, I'm still working on the revisions to the various passenger cars. However, I have now redone the locomotive as a true F9. You can see a picture on Brickshelf at (URL) The LEGO Factory link (after moderation) will be (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 2-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) I just joined the yahoo group and downloaded and installed TrackDraw. I like it, they are both great. TrackDraw does seem to be superior with tables, etc. Thanks for all the advice. We have another show coming up next weekend, so hopefully, I (...) (18 years ago, 1-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  NELUG to Disaply at GTE in Hartford, CT

(URL) NELUG> will be displaying at the (URL) Great Train Expo> in Hartford, CT this weekend. This layout will be a smaller than our usual layout, but will still provide plenty of fun for the show. Please feel free to drop by and introduce yourself (...) (18 years ago, 1-Feb-07, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.ri, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Mike & All, (...) Indeed. As a matter of fact, when I last tried Trackdraw, I could not get it to work (IT restrictions, etc. 2+ jobs ago?) but I saw that I have Net on my computer here, and just got it running. I will have to play around with it (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Brian & All, (...) I have used it for many moons, and I still enjoy it. It is a great program for what it can do. (...) No problem at all, I am glad I can share my experiences. : ) Scott -- (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Dirty Brickster Is Returning To BrickFest™ PDX 2007!

(URL) BrickFest™ PDX 2007 is coming! Where: Portland, Oregon, USA When: March 30th - April 1st 2007 Public Hours: April 1st 2007, 10am – 4pm (URL) Dirty Brickster Is Returning To BrickFest™ PDX 2007!! “Dir-ty Brick-ster!....Dir-ty (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !!

  Re: ULUG Train Show

"Cedar Sith" <cedarlug@bresnan.net> wrote in message news:JCr1zD.GCx@lugnet.com... (...) I prefer TrackDraw over TrackDesigner for the single reason that you can whip out new parts really quickly if you need it. Mike (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) Scott, Great suggestion. I downloaded Track Designer and in about 15 minutes had recreated the last show. What a great program. Thanks for the advice and direction. (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Brian & All, (...) Indeed. At MichLUG's first show at GATS in January of 2001, (URL) did pretty much the same thing - a lot of people brought stuff, and we basically filled in places as we went along. I am not sure if we had an actual layout in mind (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: Train list for 2006 - curator's request your eyes

(...) <snip> I didn't see this post the first time through--wow!! The list of train MOCs was fantastic in '06. I feel privileged to have my little (not really working) Big Blue pneumatic train in the list! Thanks! Dave K (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

In lugnet.trains, Jordan Schwarz wrote: SNIP (...) Great. Looking forward to it. FYI, this site (if you aren't already familiare with it) has some great side drawings you can use to compare and contrast the F7 with the FL9 in regard to placements of (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) Scott, Thanks for all the positive feedback. Getting started is very difficult. I was surprised at how challenging it is to design a lay-out at the show and then fill in the space with buildings, etc. Question to all Train Clubs. How do you (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Duplo Intelli-trains site

A guy called Jeremy on the Trackdraw Yahoo group linked to his Duplo Intelli-train site which I thought was pretty interesting, especially the hacking page (URL) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact