 Trains / 28578
Re: New Train MOCs in 8mm scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 23:09:42 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mark Bellis wrote:
Here's an update on the Train MOCs I've built recently.

Finally completed the British Class 14 Diesel loco with BBB wheels and extending
rods.  Added the green grille tiles too:

Please let me know if there's anything there that inspires you.

Mark

Hi Mark,

While you've captured a lot of the details of the Class 14 quite well I can't
help but feel that the model is let down by a few points. I really like your
grille designs, particularly the slight outsetting. Also the handles on the door
look really good. The use of technic for greebling underneath is excellent.

However, the stepped plate roof really looks out of place with all the tiles
everywhere else on the MOC. I'm curious why you didn't hinge tiles and use 1x1
slopes for the windscreens. I don't see any reason why this couldn't be done.
Likewise the funnel thing in front of (behind?) the cab is not terribly well
accurate. I'm also curious why you left off the handrails for the steps.

It's a good build but I think with a little more work it could be excellent.

Tim