 Trains / 28646
Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2007 05:43:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Matthew J. Chiles mattchiles@gorge.net wrote:

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 01:43:11 GMT, you wrote:

This leads me to my question; given the current IR RC train line what changes do you see necessary for you to convert from 9v track to plastic track and why?

Again, I am someone who will never convert to the plain plastic, but I see the IR system being much more useful if the battery/receiver is unbundled from the baseplate.

Ideally, I would like to have the IR receiver unbundled from both battery and baseplate. That way you could theoritically use the IR to control your motor powered by 9V track, you could build IR/plastic track engines and cars much more realistically, and you could even easily integrate the IR system in other Lego applications such as a small rail truck using a 9V battery, monorails, or even road based busses and trucks - that would be a blast.

So for IR to be worthwhile for me to purchase, the reciever needs to be un-bundled from the battery box setup.

-Matt :)

----------------------------------------------------- www.auctionbrick.com - username mchiles Matt Chiles 1006 Horseshoe Bend Rd Centerville, WA 98613 USA Phone: 509-773-5724

actuly the ironic thing is lego is producing something like you described for the 2007 lineup. the dinosar and grader have an ir motor controler with a seperate motor and battery pac. the only down side is it’s uncompatable with the old 9v system and the nxt system.

here’s a pic: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tilius/2007/Technic-2007/8275.jpg

i do know what your really describing though since i made one:

ondrew