 Trains / 28614
Re: I have a dream...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:10:40 GMT

Didier Enjary wrote:
Hi,

Guess what I’m about to talk... :  6wide vs 8wide! no trolling inside :-)

I was reading Jeramy’s blog and more precisely this post  :

http://indylug.org/blogs/jeramy_spurgeon/archive/2006/11/02/The-Great-LEGO_AE00_-Train-Width-Debate.aspx

[...]

But I digress and what I want to underline is that sentence :

"We (the train builders group) decided from the beginning to keep the trains we
built in scale with what LEGO had already produced in the past, which was, for
the most part, 6 wide trains."

[...]

Didier

I'd like to add, that we made certain that 8-wide trains could be built
using 10183. There are enough black plates (4xN and 2xN) and black 2x8
technic plates to built a decent sized 8-wide base. Also, one builder
did build an 8-wide model, and ironically, it was not built by either of
the 8-widers. The 8-wide model didn't make it onto the box though.

It really is a cool set that has a lot of possibilities in addition to
the featured models.

Chris

--
http://mysite.verizon.net/cjmasi/lego/