 Trains / 22163 (-100)
  Flush access door

While working on my latest train I had an idea for an access door. It uses the 2x2x2 container but leaves the door flush with the surface and leaves no gap above the door. I'm not sure if its been done before but here it is. The wacky colors are for (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.space)

  Re: IndyLUG at NMRA District Show

Here's the pics of the show I promised: (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Pictures from MichLUG layout at GATS in Novi

I've uploaded my pictures from last weekends GATS show in Novi, MI to Brickshelf. They can be seen here: (URL) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: 4410 "steam engine junction"

(...) The main model is a steam engine, a tiny station, and some passengers. Please don't throw anything at me. (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2004)

  Streamliner Dome Car

Hello, everyone, I've designed a streamliner dome car: (URL) More pictures and information are available at (URL) Built Trains>. Thanks for checking it out. later, James Mathis (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4410 "steam engine junction"

(...) Yes, that's 4410 set but I'm really interested in knowing what the "steam engine junction" set is? Or if there is any information or scans? Steve (21 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2004)

  Re: IndyLUG at NMRA District Show

(...) Last May the NGLTC, GFLTC and MSLTC did a combined layout at the SER NMRA convention in Chattanooga Tenn., and we were very well recieved. Actually the SER committee seeked us out for the show, and promoted heavly in there print and TV ads (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: IndyLUG at NMRA District Show

(...) The GMLTC displayed at the 1999 national NMRA show here in St. Paul, MN. I think we got a "neat, but they're just toys" comment from someone (yours aren't too??), but the NMRA president also told us that he considered our presence to be just (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Signing off...till March

(...) While LUGNET WAS down, but is back up now, I didn't think the outage would have impacted confirmation mails. It's a Todd question, I think. XFUT admin.general so he sees it. You might follow up with an email directly to him as well if there's (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  IndyLUG at NMRA District Show

Wow what a fantastic event! Five of us set up a small 7 x 27 baseplate layout at the Cintral Indiana District meeting of the NMRA. Jeramy Spurgeon, Mark Peterson, Chayme Higgins, Andrew Matlock and Brian Darrow. I know several of the members took (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Train Wheels

(...) Thanks for the hint! Just ordered mine and can't wait for them to arrive... should make for some cool new capabilities... (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Signing off...till March

Odd - I posted an answer to this a few days ago, and I still havent got a mail for confirmation? Has lugnet been down or? (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Toy & Hobby Expo Show Report - Town/Train & Space Layouts

MichLUG was happy to participate in the Toy & Hobby Expo in Novi, Michigan for a second year. This year we expanded our showing to include a Moonbase layout and a table for some large Model Team style creations by Steve Ringe and some Bionicle (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.modelteam, FTX) !!

  Re: BBB Train Wheels

(...) Forgot to mention the wheels are available in FOUR colours! Black, Red, Dark Grey & Light Grey (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  BBB Train Wheels

Haven't seen it announced in here yet, but Ben has updated his website: (URL) his fantastic train wheels are now available to order from the site. Spread the word! Can't wait for mine to arrive! (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  NALUG show pictures at GETS 2003

We finally have organized the pictures people took of NALUG's train layout at the Great Edmonton Model Train Show in late 2003. (URL) Highlights include: * new DCC system * transfer table * working Bascule bridge * rotary hopper dumper Kudos to (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug) !!

  Re: Getting started with LEGO trains ???

(...) Did you order it or PREorder it? Amazon lets you preorder things before they're published but you're not supposed to get charged for them till they ship. Did you get charged? I do not have any info on exact release date but I'm anxious to get (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Getting started with LEGO trains ???

I ordered this book - Getting started in LEGO trains by Jacob McKee from Amazon before Christmas and have not received it yet. Has anybody received it? Has anyone any information when it will be available? Thanks, David (21 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Jason Koczur and T. Jackson's MOC's appear in the LEGO Magazine

Congratulations go out to Jason Koczur and T. Jackson who had their MOC's in the latest issue of the LEGO Club Magazine. (January 2004) Jason Koczur's model was an awesome Metro Center Train Station that appeared to take up 6 large gray baseplates! (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.people, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  trying to build BUT,

Hello I was browsing on brickshelf and found the following engine that I would like to build. I wonder if anyone knows if there is a mlcad or dat file for the model. (URL) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4410 "steam engine junction"

(...) Hey, Yes, set number 4410 is a Creator Set..."Build and Create" but when I went to the LEGO website this is what I found (URL) think it is just bricks or something:? Erik Bush (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2004)

  Re: 12v Transformer

Hi Alan, (...) Given the fact that 12V trains were never officially sold in teh US, this seems natural. (...) You can buy a 220V transformer and use a converter with it. Get a 30..40VA 110V-to-220V converter, or a more powerful one if you plan to (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4410 "steam engine junction"

(...) Number 4410 is a Creator set...'Build and Create' that will be released in 2004. Care to explain what that 'steam engine junction' is? Or have some scans? Thank you Steve (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2004)

  Re: Cowans Sheldon 60 ton breakdown crane "31"

(...) LOL! I aim to please! And note the liberal use of both studded AND non-studded technic beams! ROSCO Added .technic cos of the beams thang.... (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Cowans Sheldon 60 ton breakdown crane "31"

Again you manage to make me more interested in trains :) Spotlighted. (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  GtwLUG to show at GATS Jan 31-1 Feb

GtwLUG (Gateway LEGO Users Group) is set to show at the (URL) in Wentzville MO> (Saint Louis) on the 31st of Jan. and the 1st of Feb. This is our 2nd major event, we will have an 8x12 foot layout with trains, town, castle, space, and anything more (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mo, FTX)

  Cowans Sheldon 60 ton breakdown crane "31"

(URL) Crane 31>> (URL) This> is my rendition of the (URL) breakdown crane> restored by the (URL) Pemberton Tramway Company>. Enjoy! ROSCO (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: 12v Transformer

(...) I don't know much about non-lego model railroading in 110V countries, but if these use 12V DC output as well, you may consider using a non-lego model railroad transformer (check if it supplies enough power). Niels Living in a 220V country, and (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v Transformer

(...) A 12V transformer supplies full wave rectified power (humps on an oscilloscope). Mine puts out up to 14.7 Volts no load to the track. The "DC" to the switches is also 14.7 Volts max. There is an AC output that gives 17 Volts AC no load. (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v Transformer

(...) I had good luck with a stepup transformer I bought at Radio Shack. You need to get a real transformer in my view, not one of those things that can run shavers... When you buy a 220V speed regulator, you will find some amperage or wattage (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  12v Transformer

I just acquired a 12v train set but it did not come with a transformer. Can anyone provide advice about how to get one that works with a 110v outlet. The ones listed on Bricklink all appear to be 220v. Can the 220v variety be adapted to a 110v? I (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Signing off...till March

(...) I knew you were going away for a bit, but 2 months??? You better take some LEGO with you, man! (I'm assuming you'll have access to some tools so you can do that nefarious modding thing you do) Or maybe arrange for care packages? Presumably (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Signing off...till March

I'm leaving for the Bahamas Wednesday to work on an electrical project. Not all fun and games like you're thinking. Imagine an isolated town surrounded by water and NO LEGO!!! I'll be back sometime in March. All work and no Lego will make Rob a dull (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  4 6 2 train chassie using BBB's wheels

Here are some pictures of my 4 6 2 train chassie using BBB's wheels. A close up of the chassie :- (URL) Going through the points :- (URL) You will also notice in the second picture my 725 train set (which I finally got all the parts for) And some (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: been around... more 8wides

(...) &*$% FTX: (URL) Josh (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: been around... more 8wides

Hows that for style? when I get the sticker paper I ordered & the body done, I'll decal it up & get some real pics... (URL) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: been around... more 8wides

(...) Very nicely done! I love all the differnt locomotive designs! I can't wait to see your SD70ACe! I did one in 6 wide--looking forward to the 8! Again, beautifully done! Keep up the awesome work! Dave K (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: been around... more 8wides

(...) My jaw hurts from hitting the floor. I can't begin to imagine the hours of work you've put into all these designs! Very, VERY well done. JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  been around... more 8wides

I've added a few more, I'm working on a CAD now too, sooooon I'll have the pictures of the real units up. I added a large part of the SD series... (URL) questions? Josh (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advice wanted

(...) Now thats good thinking, I'll have to make a mock-up and have a play around, thanks everyone. The problem with having the footplate fixed and the bogie moving underneath (a la real thing) is one of clearances due to the size of the Lego motor (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Advice wanted

(...) How about a long rubber band that's connected both ends to the pilot, and through a hole of some kind in the boiler? So it can slide side to side? Or even 2 pieces of string joined but a short rubber band in the same configuration? This may (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Monorail Station Preview

Hello, this train station has been done bei Rainer Brendler. See his contribution to ISCC2 at (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advice wanted

(...) That IS crazy. It will never work! No, more seriously that's actually pretty spiffy thinking. Figure out how to route the band through the boiler and through the pilot and Bob's your uncle. One wrinkle though, there will be a tendency for the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Advice wanted

(...) Here's a crazy idea: how about using a black rubber band? --Bill. (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train builders, I have a proposition

(...) This sounds like a lot of fun. I'd do it, if only to see what scary and completely unprototypical things you lot would come up with, except I don't have luggage space for a module, nor time to build one between now and then, unfortunately. But (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Train builders, I have a proposition

Here's an update. I'll try to speak up over the crickets. I spoke to Holger Matthes via email about the "theme swap" (yeah that's the new term) and he's into it. Luggage willing, he might even make a Moonbase 1592. Now that would rock. Just sayin'. (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: I need your help!

(...) Still need the 7722 one? Do you want the whole sticker sheet? Chris (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) When I follow that link now I just get a toywiz.com homepage. What was pictured? --Bill. (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest PDX 2004 - some serious train builders are going...

"Steven Barile" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:HrEI3F.1s25@lugnet.com... (...) Uh, count me out. I have a date in the Bahamas. A firm project completion date, that is. Flying out next Wednesday for 5 weeks of no rest and (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Train builders, I have a proposition

(...) Seems like a really good idea, lots of fun to see what the other side would build. Perhaps we can plan to do something similar at Brickfest DC as well. Something like the 'swap jobs for a day' that some companies do to bolster company unity. (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest PDX train display - call for contributers

In lugnet.trains, Teunis Davey wrote: <snip> (...) No need to bring track. It will be easiest for all if all the track used belongs to just a few people (local PNLTC members). Exceptions are usually made for people who bring bridges or other mocs (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest PDX 2004 - some serious train builders are going...

In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford wrote: <snip> (...) Yes for 10 wide. (And Yes for 8-wide too.) Ben Fleskes PNLTC (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest PDX train display - call for contributers

In lugnet.trains, Teunis Davey wrote: . (...) No, you shouldn't need to do that. (...) We did not secure a volunteer to coordinate an official one but I believe there were some posts by folks stating they'd be bringing a few containers to swap (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Train builders, I have a proposition

I extend my hand from one facet of our hobby to another. Mark Sandlin (man I can't wait till he wakes up) and I will build rolling stock for the PDX layout if I can get 2 "non Space" trainspotters (1) to contribute at least one 48x48 module each to (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest PDX 2004 - some serious train builders are going...

(...) Don't forget us Aussies (Ozzies)!! (...) I have built a 4 6 2 train chassie. For a Victoria Rail Streamlined Steamtrain. The Edward Henty ,Spirit of Progess.Which I will build soon.Hopefully before BrickFest PDX. It uses 6 BBB's train (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickfest PDX train display - call for contributers

(...) Arn't we all big kids at heart ! I love to see Lego train crashes.But it would be good to have a train layout that does not slow any trains down. I had a look on the BrickFest PDX site. And I saw that HoMa (?) from the FGLTC was bringing his (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) expansion links but they weren't strong enough, so I reverted to what you see and fixed the motion in forward gear. (...) I wish I had a digital camera to make explaining this easier! I haven't put cranks on my Northern chassis yet, so the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest PDX 2004 - some serious train builders are going...

(...) Any chance you could find room for a loop to accomodate a (URL) 10 wide tram>? ROSCO (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BrickFest PDX 2004 - some serious train builders are going...

Hi Fellow Train-heads, At BrickFest PDX 2004 there is going to be a who's who of train builders! (foot in mouth list...) Holger Matthes and Ben Beneke(FGLTC) from Germany, James Mathis, (Mr 8 Wide) John Neal(TCLTC), John Gerlach(GMLTC), Rob (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Brickfest PDX train display - call for contributers

(...) I'll just ask that you keep a loop or two "8-wide compatible", for those of us bringing 8-wide trains & rolling stock. Otherwise, I'll just plan on running my 'Challenger' and wiping out anything too close to the track... ;-) JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Hi Niels! You are absolutely right! I accidently turned around the middle cars when I had to put the train togther for the photos.:) The real rail deck was blue like you remember, so thats why I used the blue traks. Henrik (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: It's why we're all here...

(...) My mistake - it was 21st February, so 10 days and one month to the bicentenary of the first steam locomotive. Funnily enough, that's exactly the day the NBLTC is putting on a display at the (URL) museum in Swindon... Jason Railton (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  I need your help!

Hi all, When the first version of the LEGO Train Poster was released, someone asked: "Where's the stickers?". He was right of course. But I want(ed) to do as much as possible in POV-Ray and not Photoshop things. Since then I experimented with (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Ehm, aren't the middle cars of that red and white IC/4 turned around? I remember these trains with the doors next to eachother between car 1 and 2 and between car 3 and 4. (...) While I discovered Danmark a bit too late to sail this ferry (I (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

Henrik- Every now and again a really special LEGO creation comes along that is totally different. Your railroad ferry is stellar example! It is totally spectacular. We rode a giant ocean going ferry from Denmark to Germany (and back) the first time (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Brickfest PDX train display - call for contributers

Can't wait for Brickfest PDX to get here. If you haven't signed up yet, now is your chance. Sign up at: (URL) organizing the train layout that will be at the event. If you'll be there and would like to contribute to the layout, send me an email. The (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

(...) Ah yes, but thats cheating ;) that one isnt set 7862 (it isnt even 12V track there..) Esger (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  It's why we're all here...

I feel a bit of a fraud building the (2 URLs) Rocket> first, so here's something to set the record straight. Also, it's appropriate since 2004 is the bicentenary of the invention of the steam locomotive. The very first self-propelled railway engine (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Specification of LEGO tracks

(...) Pictures with measures on it can be found at : (URL) (after moderation) Measures are in LDU, one LDU = 0,4mm Regards, Ludo (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

(...) Here's one: (URL) C. (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

"Shaun Sullivan" <shaun_sullivan@irco.com> wrote in message news:HqzEv5.1F6M@lugnet.com... (...) you (...) with (...) month (...) I, Joe Comeau, here do by attest that Shaun's 4-8-4 Northern started off as boooorriiiiiing. But, damn, it's come a (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Not Henrik, but I can answer it too. Yes M/F Dronning Ingrid (Motor-Ferry Queen Ingrid) and its two sister ships M/F Prins Joachim (Prince Joachim) and M/F Kronprins Frederik (Chrownprince Frederik) was sailing on the route between Funen and (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  GFLTC at 4 shows last Dec 2003 - Images and more...

Wow! That was a December to remember... The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (GFLTC) survived a train show filled December and here are some images to prove it. All of the shows were great fun and featured numerous MOCs and display methods. Seasonal (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

(...) Well, in my experience they dont actually "work", they just "try" ;) but (from head) the principle is that when activated by a "switchmotor" a mechanism rises that will push/slide the magnets off each other by colliding with the little poles (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Just the suspension bridge and it's approaches (eleven miles round trip) from Zealand to an island in the middle of the Great Belt waterway. There's also a West Bridge from that island to Funen of nearly equal length, but was not the focus of (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Didja Notice??

(...) Oh, that's an old one. Weren't there two versions of this part, too? I know someone here's got two sets of instructions for one of these models (the Crocodile I think), that show a slight difference where the cab is put on. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Whoa, are you saying that you walked this bridge three times (a lot of walking) or that it took three days to walk the whole bridge (REALLY a lot of walking!) Either way more than I'd want to do! (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Hi Henrik, That is a real great model there... Thank you for sharing! Can’t wait to see more... Oh one little thing, that Santa Fe looks very familiar:)? Where did you get the idea for that one;) Great work, Robin W GFLTC (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Greetings Henrik, Nicely done rail ferry! Thank you for sharing your talents. Couldn't help but wonder - was this rail ferry replaced by the Great Belt Fixed Link (Storebælt) between Funen and Zealand? I had the opportunity to be in Denmark in (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Virtual train poster

Being a regular visitor to digitalbricks.nl, I thought I might try to model the stock that I currently have built in MLCad and attempt a modest poster of my own. The result is at (URL) used MLCad, LP3AddOn,Lsynth, Pov Ray, and The Gimp to generate (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Specification of LEGO tracks

(...) Hi Jan: I'm also developing an application for trackplans, only for the PC: (URL) Track Designer is another PC application that has LEGO track models: (URL) are a number of LEGO train-systems. They include: - 4.5V or 12V / gray or blue (no (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Specification of LEGO tracks

(...) I don't have the information, but I cross-posted this response to lugnet.trains in an attempt to give you access to an audience that also might be likely to have an answer. --Travis Cobbs (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Very nice - beautiful work! I am looking forward to seeing some more of your creations already. It is always fun to see someone new come out of lurking with stuff like this - and for every one who finally posts, how many others never do? (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Gee, I don't know... It looks a little small ;) Just kidding! That looks great! Do you have a special place to display that model? I know I couldn't find a place in my apartment to display a model like that, but a model like that can't be (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Didja Notice??

(...) Could you have been hoping for the return of the train front from the Load N' Haul Railroad and Crocodile Engine? (URL) what I mistook it for when I first saw it. Thug (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: rail ferry

(...) Well thank goodness you got one. That's truly an amazing model, thanks for the extra pics! That prototype photo (with the bow just barely not quite all the way lowered) shows what a good job of selective compression you did! I note that all of (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  rail ferry

Hello! Thank you very much for the nice reactions to my ferry! I have put up a few more pics on brickshelf where you can see the danish trains better. ( I agree that the santa fe diesel must feel a little lonely in this company!:-) (URL) The round (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) Hi Mark, Thanks for the feedback! I finally tracked down some photos of your trains. With respect to the Walchaert's gear, are you referring to the following? (URL) having a tough time pictureing your description ... do you have a link to a (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: IndyLUG shows at GATS, January 3-4

(...) Nots of nice touches/models. I like the plow: (URL) don't see those very often. (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) The wait for pics was worth it! (...) I have to agree with Arne, this is a very very detailed and eye-candy rich model! In addition to all the stuff about the ferry itself to like, I like that you did the red/white Danish passenger train as (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) As someone who has sailed countless times with this ferry, I must say that the likeliness is truly amazing. I especially like the sundeck: (URL) favorite place to stay on the 1 hour long trip, even in bad weather. A fantastic model, Henrik!! (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  rail ferry 12v

Hi again. Here are a few deep links until the folder gets public: (3 URLs) hope it works! Henrik (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: IndyLUG shows at GATS, January 3-4

(...) More pictures at: (URL) mark (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) Excellent model - you're a man after my own heart! Great to see someone else building to 8mm:1ft scale or thereabouts! (...) Could you try adding Walschaert's valve gear, as I did with my British Class 9F 2-10-0 and LMS Garratt 2-6-0+0-6-2? (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Can you post a deep link or two?(1) I'm itching to see this but the folder's not public yet. This is one of those times when even though you know Kevin's a volunteer and you can't complain about how long moderation of the folder takes, you (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Matt's Roller Coaster is Back!

I will be showing my roller coaster one last time at (URL) PDX> this February. If you want to see it in action, come to this event, because it will be taken apart afterwards (unless someone decides they want to own it for themselves, of course). See (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.ca, FTX) !!

  Re: Didja Notice??

(...) You can also pick it up in orange from the Junior Tow Truck. (URL) Siver tank segments too. It's $3.99 at the local Target right now. Thug (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Rail ferry 12v

Hello! This is my first post here on lugnet. I have built a model of a Danish Rail Ferry which was sailing until 1998 and is now a hospital ship in south Africa. The ferry has 4 tracks, a front that opens with a 9 v motor, a radar which is driven by (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) snippage Yeah know, I'm not much of a train person, but WOW! I love your work Shaun. You amaze me. It's more like sculptures on a train track than anything :) -Anne (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Signing out (for a year or so)

(...) Noticed some of it on BR a few days ago Really great pictures and layout, especially the mountains! this is my faivourite picture: (URL) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact