 Trains / 22142
Re: 12v Transformer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:51:05 GMT

Hi Alan,

I just acquired a 12v train set but it did not come with a transformer. Can
anyone provide advice about how to get one that works with a 110v outlet. The
ones listed on Bricklink all appear to be 220v.

Given the fact that 12V trains were never officially sold in teh US, this
seems natural.

Can the 220v variety be adapted
to a 110v? I have had some reference to purchasing a 220v transformer and then
buying a converter. If that is the way to go then what type of converter?

You can buy a 220V transformer and use a converter with it. Get a 30..40VA
110V-to-220V converter, or a more powerful one if you plan to use more than
one LEGO transformer in the future.

One other possibility is to use just about any available 0..12V model
railroad transformer, if you're not a LEGO purist.

Greetings

Horst