 Trains / 22114
Re: Train builders, I have a proposition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:46:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jon Palmer wrote:
I extend my hand from one facet of our hobby to another.  Mark Sandlin (man I
can't wait till he wakes up) and I will build rolling stock for the PDX layout
if I can get 2 "non Space" trainspotters (1) to contribute at least one 48x48
module each to the PDX Moonbase layout.

This may seem a daunting task, making something that "isn't real", but I assure
you it equals the challenge that a spacer faces when building something that
neither blows stuff up or has rocket engines.

Should more trainspotters agree to my proposal, I will do my best to fish out
spacers to do the job.

I would arrange this deal with the Castle community (2), but we will be too busy
burninating their huts and blowing up their sheep to build guarded pubs and
such.

(1) I use this term affectionately. Really, Ask Rick Clark or Dan Parker.
(2) Eat laser, Rafert.

~ <<http://zemi.net/sidebar/bot001.gif>>
~ [ j o n ]¬
  <http://zemi.net [zemi.net]>¬
  <http://www.scibrick.org/moonbase/ [moonbase]>¬

Seems like a really good idea, lots of fun to see what the other side would
build. Perhaps we can plan to do something similar at Brickfest DC as well.
Something like the 'swap jobs for a day' that some companies do to bolster
company unity.

But sadly I think I'm disqualified from participating. Although, I haven't built
a train car since the Alpha Team passenger car fiasco.

Aaron S