 Trains / 22108
Re: Brickfest PDX train display - call for contributers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:23:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Ben Fleskes wrote:
Can't wait for Brickfest PDX to get here.  If you haven't signed up yet, now is
your chance.

Sign up at:

http://pdx.brickfest.com/

I'm organizing the train layout that will be at the event.  If you'll be there
and would like to contribute to the layout, send me an email.

The layout will feature a lot of track and loops for running and displaying
trains, a 30" long turntable and associated roundhouse sections, and some
detailed town and other areas - but priority will be given to trains and train
track.

I'll just ask that you keep a loop or two "8-wide compatible", for those of us
bringing 8-wide trains & rolling stock.

Otherwise, I'll just plan on running my 'Challenger' and wiping out anything too
close to the track...  ;-)

JohnG, GMLTC

Arn't we all big kids at heart ! I love to see Lego train crashes.But it would
be good to have a train layout that does not slow any trains down.

I had a look on the BrickFest PDX site. And I saw that HoMa (?) from the FGLTC
was bringing his Pacific Union Big Boy . I would love to see this train go
around the circuit ! I guess that if this train will fit, than any other train
will fit.

All depending on baggage space . I hope to bring all my MOC trains. Do I need to
bring track to display them ? I hav'nt made up  my display sign up yet ,because
I'm not sure on what I am bringing.

Is there going to be an offical LTC container swap , for Brickfest PDX ?

Many Thanks  ,
Teunis, M>ltc.