 Trains / 16663 (-100)
  Working Signal Box and Signals

My first MOC, using flex parts to work a signal from a lever frame in the signal box, and lighting the red and green aspects with a lamp: (URL) to read the 'motorized switch' debate on lugnet.trains, perhaps this offers some other ideas, although I (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Centralized control of remote switches

Our group, NALUG, is intending to automate the switches at our next layout. As this is our first forray into this field, we were hoping to pick other peoples brains. Have other clubs automated ALL their switches, or do you select the switches in the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sliding knife switch

Very nice Steve. Its simple and doesnt take up to much space. I am sure it could be easly hiddne in a new by building. Dave PS. Its nice to see you build something for a change. j/k ;) (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  sliding knife switch

Hi All, Here's a concept of a sliding knife switch (multipole). My original idea for this was to use this to energize the rails in a round house, thus guarenteeing never more then one hot. I think it might apply to a yard as well. The slide (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Corrugated Tank Car

OK, I think it every time James posts but finally I've got round to saying it WHY HASN'T HE BEEN HEADHUNTED BY LEGO YET !!?!!!?!!! Tim (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Corrugated Tank Car

(...) Great use of the part James. Its nice to see a whole car built out of the part instead of just a bumper. By the way that particular part comes in many colors. Some do have print on them but they mainly come in the small LEGO Racer sets. (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Micromotor Point Switcher (!)

(...) This would allow you to controll the power to the siding (forward, reverse or off) much like a real model railroder would do. (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Corrugated Tank Car

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:GxCuu8.4L4@lugnet.com... (...) Very cool design. You can just see the inventory for this part on BrickLink evaporating. What was once a marginally useful part now becomes a part in demand in a (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Corrugated Tank Car

(...) AWSOME idea, I'll HAVE to try that! IS that 8 wide!?!? Looks to be, sweet if it is! Josh (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Micromotor Point Switcher (!)

I've played with Rick's solution first hand and I think it is one of the most elegant solutions out there. Ricks' writeup doesn't give himself enough credit for his ingenious design. I especially like how the spear piece is fitted in the slot in the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Corrugated Tank Car

(...) I love this design, but I shudder at the thought of how difficult it would be to assemble all of those curved slopes. I think I have a grand total of one (from the Star Wars set with Yoda). Bruce (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Corrugated Tank Car

That's cool. ;-) Franklin (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Corrugated Tank Car

Thanks to Dave VinZant for showcasing his construction of putting the new 2x2 curves slopes nose-to-nose: (URL) put together a CAD design study of tank car using this technique: (URL) loads of this new 2x2 curved slope. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail Racers at Brickfest 2002

(...) How about two divisions, "stock Metroliner" and "custom"? Could the Rail Racer's specs be used for the custom division? Frank (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail Racers at Brickfest 2002

(...) I wonder if a train could be made that wouldn't tip over in any curve. You'd have to use some heavy duty tilting method, but still it would be tough to engineer. Sounds like something I'll have to add to my list of things to make. jt (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Micromotor Point Switcher (!)

I've been looking for a new way to do remote point switching. I wanted a system that met the following criteria: 1. Uses an unmodified point. 2. Smaller and more unobtrusive than existing designs. 3. Simple and reliable. 4. Won't tear itself apart (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: New Interactive Game on LEGO.trains

John & All, (...) Yes, it is fun. It reminds me of the Choose Your Own Adventure books that I read when I was younger. : ) Scott S. -- (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.games, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail Racers at Brickfest 2002

(...) The current thought is to use two identical "stock" locos, maybe Metroliners. The reason is to ensure that the locos actually will tip over and not just zoom around any curve. But I'm open to any ideas. (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  New Interactive Game on LEGO.trains

I just came across a fun new game you might want to check out: (URL) slick, and it even worked using my Mac:-) -John (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.games, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail Racers at Brickfest 2002

(...) Oooooh, can we bring our own trains for the Grand Prix? Are there any standards or regulations on the types of trains? jt (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail Racers at Brickfest 2002

Related to James' straight drag race, we will have a dual "Grand Prix" course. This will involve two identical track plans (with crossings and curves) where two people race against each other without crashing or derailing. (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail Racers at Brickfest 2002

The course is a straight drag race, so no need to make the train handle curves. Just make it fast...and look cool :) jt (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail Racers at Brickfest 2002

(...) You know, I'd never looked into actually finding out what "Rail Racers" were until this post. I have to say, this is pretty cool! I'll definitely try and put an entertaining design together :) Is the course straight, or does it involve curves? (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Switch

"James Brown" <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message news:GxCEMC.Ayo@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) Hey! That's me!... (...) (NALUG) (...) Mario Ferrari built a sensorless version of my switch that worked well enough. I had to use the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Rail Racers at Brickfest 2002

(...) It's Rail Racers at Brickfest 2002!!! This is your chance to show the LEGO world what you are made of. We will be holding a head to head competition of Rail Racers at this year's Brickfest. You will be racing your finest built rail racer (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Motorized Switch

(...) I've had a couple people say that now. :) (...) Normally the switch won't even have it stalled for a few seconds; it takes less than a second of power to flip the switch over. Just tapping the button isn't *quite* enough time, but it's not (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Switch

(...) I had looked at that thread a while ago for ideas, but skipped a lot of the suggestions because they involved sensors or complex-seeming technic assemblies. Looking through it again, I find that my switch is *very* similar to Carlo Ottolina's (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Switch

(...) The instructions are updated: (URL) moved the completed model back to the top of the .mpd, although that makes the instructions feel backwards to me. thanks, James (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Switch

(...) 20 minutes?!?! Yikes! I've stalled my motors often, but only for a few seconds. I imagined that would be the same situation for your switch. Leaving it on for 20 min- you're boldly going where no Technic-head has gone before... ;-) TJ p.s. I (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Switch

(...) Take a look at this thread: (URL) Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr> (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Switch

(...) Yes, I'll update it tomorrow; I don't have MLCAD installed at home. Sorry about the poor .mpd; this is not just my first motorized switch, it's my first time using MCLAD. :) (...) Thanks! I owe a lot to other people who have done these in the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Switch

<SNIP> troubleshooting time on this assembly. (...) Will you be posting a new .mpd file to your brickshelf account showing the changes? BTW the othe .mpd file was *not* right. What I mean by that is that usually when one creates a .mpd file the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Switch

(...) Well, some good, some bad. The good is that leaving the motor going in one direction for 20 minutes causes no separations and no apparent stress to any parts. The bad is that it did overheat the motor, which wouldn't run again until it cooled (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Switch

(...) Hmm, Ok. Since it sounds like I'm not risking the motor, and I have lots of 8 tooth gears, I'm going to experiment by leaving the motor on for a while, and seeing what happens. thanks very much for the information, guys! This is exactly the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Switch

(...) Yep, and with this one using an 8-tooth gear straight on the rack, even with a solid structure you'd be very likely to break the gear. If you can supply an accurately timed "pulse", that would reduce the risk, but with the geared motors, it (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Switch

(...) I've always been hard on my motors, stalling them often. It's never seem to affect their performance, or even damage them. The difficult part of stalling a geared motor is containing the large forces generated on the structure surrounding the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Switch

(...) Ok, I guess I see that, although I could only find a couple designs, and they seemed much more complicated that necessary. (...) Hmm. Is motor damage likely to occur? The intention with this would be for either an operator or an RCX to briefly (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Switch

(...) It's not that, it's just this has been gone over several times before, and I'm afraid it will take a major revolution to get a new design noticed. Your's is a neat and simple design, and a new way of gripping the slider. But, it's not a very (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Switch

(...) I realize .trains is a little slow right now, but I'm still a little surprised that this sank without even making a ripple in the surface. I know at least a couple people have gone to look at it, with 300+ views on the folder... I was hoping (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  12v Trains at BrickFest! (was Re: BrickFest tentative Train agenda)

(...) Ok folks, it's time to start really planning this. I'd like to see a huge 12v layout created which can run several trains at once. I plan on bringing at least as much track as I brought to BricksWest, which was enough for a loop with a siding (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: No wonder they call it a Bullet train...

(...) Here's a good link: (URL)Now check out this link he provides to real-life pics of the Shinkansen: (...) tinkering with are CAD-only concepts. I haven't real-brick built any of them, nor any parts of them. I think my JR 500 Series model still (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some questions about hoppers from a train newbie

(...) That bracket is actually an actuator. :) There are 3 joints in it; the bottom of the V is fixed to the frame, the others are just a joint in the arms about halfway. You can see about 1/3 of the way up on the left that there is an arm attached (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some questions about hoppers from a train newbie

(...) Correct. They discharge over track that has an opening (elevated or not)... (...) Not sure about that part. (...) Yes, it is a "handbrake". It's used when the car is not coupled to train air to set the brakes manually. The wheel is called a (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Some questions about hoppers from a train newbie

I went for a bike ride last weekend in a town that had a railroad. There were a bunch of hoppers lined up by the road at one point, so I took some pics. I hope to model a hooper in LEGO, but I have some general questions about how they work first. (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SF Registry hits 1000

(...) "In an unscientific way" one could say that the 18 sets of the 10,000 that are registered by MN members of the GMLTC makes us .018% of LEGO Direct's Train market. I don't know the roll calls of all the other train clubs but I'm sure someone (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: No wonder they call it a Bullet train...

(...) Thanks. I do wonder when the gravy train will run empty ;-) Just having fun using pieces I don't have... Virtual models, ick. I'd rather build with real bricks, but CAD is a really nice tool to get these models out of my swelling iching brain (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Alternate track wiring methods

I have been doing some experimenting with electrical wiring, and found a need to connect wires to the track more cheaply than with LEGO track connectors. I found two solutions which I believe to be excellent, and so I offer them to the community. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: No wonder they call it a Bullet train...

I just noticed these pictures a few minutes ago on Brickshelf, James never seems to run out of good ideas for making good looking trains! jt (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  No wonder they call it a Bullet train...

I was just poking around Brickshelf and noticed that James Mathis is as busy as ever, although this time he's dabbling in 8 wide again, and with astonishing results... Check out his 8 wide Shinkansen: (URL) check out this link he provides to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Engines of the NGLTC

Dang "back slashes", thanks John. I had the image references using forward slashes and not back slashes. It should work fine now. jt (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Engines of the NGLTC

(...) JT- I like the idea, however, there might be some problems with the pics uploading. I had trouble with NS 6.2 AND IE 5.0. Also, is the first engine a GP35 (typo?) or GP38? -John (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Engines of the NGLTC

The NGLTC has added a new section to their club web site designed to showcase club MOCs, starting with MOC engines. Here you will find a wide selection of steam and diesel models, along with the builder's name and a brief description of the engines. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Motorized Switch

For NALUG's upcoming show in September, I volunteered to design a motorized switch, and here is the result: (URL) very straightforward, and doesn't use much in the way of rare parts; excepting the motors, I could build a dozen of these fairly (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Train show report

I have finished my Lego train show at Glenrothes. My layout was voted the second most interesting one by the visitors. I always enjoy speaking to the people, it's always a surprise to meet someone else who has Lego trains: I met one happy Busy Bee (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Thanks for saying so, Chris. I'll pass along the compliments to Ross. He has been extremely gratified by everyone's kind praise! As far as encouragement goes, that's an interesting topic. I have a daughter who is 2 years older than Ross whom I (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new creation

(...) I noticed you are using the hinge/panel step arrangement. I had some serious clearance issues with that design. OK, mine kept getting knocked off when the train went by the power connectors. The constant abuse also weakened the trucks, and (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) John, Wow! I cannot say enough about those engines! The rest of Ross's brickself gallery--the cubed bricks, the name tags, the 3 wide trains--are also extremely impressive. Thanks for sharing them with us, and thanks for encouraging[1] Ross. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  NILTC to display at Train Collector's Association National Convention

The Northern Illinois LEGO® Train Club will display a 16'x16' layout, complete with two loops of running trains, rail yard with functional transfer table/engine shed and intermodal container system, Chicago-style architecture, a kids' play area, and (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: making video, need advice

Well you know Eric did it for the NYU cover: (URL) doesn't mention if LEGO had any input on him doing this. jt (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.animation)

  Re: making video, need advice

(...) Charlie multiple posted instead of crossposted. As usual, doing so causes a bit of a mess for readers and replying posters. Can I suggest that all further discussion talking about this be confined to one group? Or at least crossposted instead (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.animation)

  Re: making video, need advice

(...) Speaking in my "former employee" mode: The LEGO Company does not usually allow people to use LEGO products in advertising. I don't know what TLC might say or do if someone used LEGO bricks from their private collection in an ad, but they would (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: making video, need advice

(...) A visit to www.efilmsinc.com leads me to believe this is for a commercial project. Advertising, no less. If I were the modeler (no, I won't do it) I'd want to know this up front, I'd want to be in the position of accepting or rejecting the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SF Registry hits 1000

(...) Well, perhaps. But note that the set hasn't been available at Christmas yet. Also, the 10,000 went pretty fast, so kids saving their pennies for them, or having them on their birthday list probably didn't get a numbered one. But we probably do (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SF Registry hits 1000

(...) In an unscientific way, this registry may show that AFOLs in and around LUGNET are at least 10% of TLC's market, or at least for the trains theme. As Artie Johnson used to say..... (date yourself by knowing the answer:-) -John (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SF Registry hits 1000

Interesting idea (and of course more work for me :) but I'm thinking that if the owner of the train number you want hasn't register it, then they're probally not going to be viewing the Registry page at all, so they wouldn't see your "want list" (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Railway Express on sale at Target

"George Notel" <lego@notelin.com> wrote in message news:Gx1z0r.7M3@lugnet.com... (...) know (...) weeks, (...) Doubt it. It appears that the Target stores that didn't put their 4561 Railway Express sets on clearance after Christmas priced them at (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Challenge of the Shinkansen

(...) Indeed I did. (URL) the thread starting at (URL) the skinny. It was done with help from Nik, because he had to do a school project on Japan in second grade, and he chose Shinkasen as his topic, knowing that he could count on me to help him (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  making video, need advice

I have to make a short video of a lego village which would feature the following (not all in the same scenes): -- very atractive skyline, backgroun -- moving train -- city main street with, cars, people, signage -- billboard/s -- signage -- athletes (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just in case you have a few extra dollars sitting around...

If they must keep their feedback comments private, then they are not trustworthy enough to consider doing business with in the first place. Sounds like some kind of mega-swindle to me. For the amount of money that thing is going for now, you can buy (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just in case you have a few extra dollars sitting around...

(...) Given that they have 160+ negatives, that seems like a bad idea, counter to the spirit of eBay feedback. (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  Railway Express on sale at Target

I saw the Railway Express today marked down to $99.99 at Target. Don't know if it'll be the same price elsewhere. Could this mean that in a few weeks, it will marked down 50%? I can hope... George (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Just in case you have a few extra dollars sitting around...

Thought the trainheads might have an interest in this: (URL) huh? Matt (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SF Registry hits 1000

James, Have you ever considered adding another field to the db, "Wanted #s"? That way, people could easily find others to trade with. There are 4-5 #s I want, but unfortunately none are listed yet. It would be nice if I could list my Wants there, (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rio Grande SD40 MOC

(...) Thanks Larry (...) My photo corner is made of white presentation foam board, just the standard stuff you can pick up at Office Depot. I attached the boards with straight pins, so I can take it apart if I need to and there are no glue or tape (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains and LDRAW a great idea

(...) Yes sort of but I was think to do it some sort of GTA like engine you know top view or something like. , presumably greatly increasing the (...) Yes I understand why are trains are so fun and cool is only a sort of joke. (...) You are right (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rio Grande SD40 MOC

(...) raiders slope with the striping was pre-chipped, RGE would never let that slide like that. Decals add a lot to this model as well, because of the very bold graphics Tell us about your photo corner? I need one of those, towels just are not as (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains and LDRAW a great idea

(...) Let me understand this... if we don't help you with your project (which sounds mildly interesting but which also sounds like a LOT of work... talk to Kevin Loch about how much work the Datsville explorer is, your idea would add real time (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Trains and LDRAW a great idea

Hello to all trains fans, I'm also a train fan but I was never able to make a good train collection but now a can sort of "with ldraw virtual LEGO" please check my posts at LEGO CAD (URL) some wants to help me to do this I'm sure that any train fan (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rio Grande SD40 MOC

(...) Very nice, JT! Love the orange trim-- good choice going with the Rio Grande. (...) This also looks very nice-- very clever. Also you may notice that I (...) Ahem, I *did* happen to notice, and while on one hand you are a very naughty boy, on (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Rio Grande SD40 MOC

I have just completed version 2 of my new Rio Grande SD40, this is going to be one of three. Part of this latest version is a new SNOT designed cab windows, I wanted to get away from the standard LEGO house windows. Also you may notice that I did (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief With Display Stand

(...) I took care of that oversite :( In my defense, my other three were registered Tom (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Futuristic Monorail Station and 6-wide Monorail

"Alexander Johnston" <Areas-4@excite.com> wrote in message news:Gwzrtn.FzA@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks. My first buildings were "boxes" without much architectural merrit. Then, I got really interested in architecture and started noticing how real (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Challenge of the Shinkansen

While prowling for new MOC ideas, I ventured to the Japanese Shinkansen photo sites. There look to be several good sleek design challenges here: (URL) first saw Shinkansen work from Masayuki Ogura a few years ago with is JR0 series set. Excellent (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  EJLTC- Nice EMU front end

Shigetomo Iwabuchi of the EJLTC has styled a nice cab for his EMU's: (URL) general, this EJLTC site has some great MOCs. (URL) Mathis (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Futuristic Monorail Station and 6-wide Monorail

(...) Excellent work! I love the design. And here I am still trying to get my first building off the ground. :) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief With Display Stand

(...) Ahem, I do not see it listed in the Registry. Yet.... :-) See (URL) C. (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SF Registry hits 1000

Today the SF Registry hit 1000, cool I never though it would make it this high. (URL) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Futuristic Monorail Station and 6-wide Monorail

(...) Wow. Thanks. But, I must convincingly say that your efforts are greater and have advanced the form in both art and function; far exceeding my work. Your buildings maintain the theme very consistently througout the entire structure. (...) Cool. (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:GwxnK0.8tK@lugnet.com... (...) say (...) bold (...) I assume by widen that you mean the "6-wideness" of the monorail. On frequent trips to Disneyland, I like to check out the design of their monorails (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

"Dave Lovelace" <dave@umop.com> wrote in message news:GwxC9A.55v@lugnet.com... (...) seen. (...) Thanks. I appreciate you posting your feedback. It makes me feel good to see other people enjoying my stuff. (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

"jonathan lopes" <cityboy4k@aol.com> wrote in message news:GwxDzA.8pq@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks. I just love to use those bizarre parts. When I originally saw all those curved parts on the Slave 1 (and the Alpha Team and Jack Stone), I thought (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

"George Haberberger" <George.Haberberger@...xerox.com> wrote in message news:GwxDxB.8L3@lugnet.com... (...) slightly (...) Thanks. I actually wanted to provide a bit more cynical humor, but I just wasn't as much in the mood in this case and was a (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:GwxKGJ.yx@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks. I originally bought 2 Slave 1's at full price and then purchased 7 more canopies from Brett Antaya at his "Pyrite's Plunder" BrickLink store. Then, after (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

"Damien Guichard" <damien.guichard@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:Gwxy9L.CG4@lugnet.com... (...) I appreciate the compliments. (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Futuristic Monorail Station and 6-wide Monorail

(...) Just the best station I ever seen. Much like a real modern one. Both an excellent lego design and an excellent architecture design. A great toy but also a great model, the best of the two worlds. Gongratulations, Damien (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Super Chief With Display Stand

Hello All, I was wondering if anyone else in here won one of these at auction. I won #8 and it just arrived yesterday. I was thinking about not putting together the #8 train that came with it and put one of the other 3 Chiefs I have in it. Any (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  8 wide

Real trains are 8 wide! (URL) if I've stolen your thunder Sandy! Tim (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Futuristic Monorail Station and 6-wide Monorail

Brad, Station: Very cool. I'm overwhelmed with the quantity of Jango Slave I's you may have bought to get all those cockpit canopies. Wow. Or, was it BrickLink to get those canopies. Impressive. Monorail Train: Really nice implementation of new (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Futuristic Monorail Station and 6-wide Monorail

(...) Another classic Hamilton creation-- Bravo! I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I love your unique style and architectual vision-- it's so distinctive. And BTW, Brad, now I feel a kinship with you because of your bold decision to (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact