 Trains / 16570
Re: Futuristic Monorail Station and 6-wide Monorail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 22:52:03 GMT

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message
Station:
Very cool.  I'm overwhelmed with the quantity of Jango Slave I's you may
have bought to get all those cockpit canopies.  Wow.  Or, was it BrickLink
to get those canopies.  Impressive.
Thanks.  I originally bought 2 Slave 1's at full price and then purchased 7
more canopies from Brett Antaya at his "Pyrite's Plunder" BrickLink store.
Then, after the pricing blunder cut the price of this set in half at Target,
I picked up 3 more.  Brett picked up some more as well and emailed me to see
if I wanted more canopies at a discounted price, which I greedily purchased.
I must say that Brett's pricing, quality, and service are all outstanding.
I have used him many times.

BTW, I must say that YOU were my influence in both architecture and theme.
Your classic "bubble" station is my all-time favorite MOC and got me turned
on to monorails, Paradisa, and "white" buildings in general. There is a
brickshelf link to it here, but the pictures are crappy
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=4605).  I know that you
have better pictures on your web site, but I don't know where the link is
currently located.  It would be great if you could upload some of your
better pic's to Brickshelf for easier access.

Monorail Train:
Really nice implementation of new elements: 4-wide cockpit window, curved
elements.  The gray side windows:  love the trapezoid tilt-in and the • aspect
ratio from SNOTing the gray windows.

Thanks - Again, I was heavily influenced by many of your sleek train and
monorail designs (some of which are here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=1549 ).