 Trains / 16610
16609  |  16611
Subject:
Train show report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 18:12:40 GMT

I have finished my Lego train show at Glenrothes.
My layout was voted the second most interesting one
by the visitors.

I always enjoy speaking to the people, it's always a surprise
to meet someone else who has Lego trains:
I met one happy Busy Bee customer, and one not so happy
person who bought a Harry Potter train, then some track, then
found the train would not go round the corners.
One of the most common questions this time was how much does a starter
set cost.  I hope Lego will produce a new set for Christmas.

My tips for letting children run the trains are:
1. Use a different power unit so you can reduce the power from
say 9v to 7.5v the trains aren't always coming off the rails.
2. Add super-elevation/cant/banking to the curves to stop the trains
coming off.
3. Include a cross-over so there is some chance of the trains crashing!
4. My Duplo tunnel is popular.
5. The children are not bothered about MOD, my modified 4559 (which
is yellow & black) was described by oine child as a GNER train which is
dark blue/black.

My next Lego train show is at Dalgety Bay Primary school, Fife, Scotland,
12.00 'till 2.00 on 15th June, lots of children - it will be very busy!

David