 Trains / 16662
16661  |  16663
Subject:
Centralized control of remote switches
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 04:23:22 GMT

Our group, NALUG, is intending to automate the switches at our next layout.
As this is our first forray into this field, we were hoping to pick other
peoples brains.

Have other clubs automated ALL their switches, or do you select the switches
in the harder to reach areas?

When automating switches, do you have a single control panel, or do you
place control 'substations' in front of the applicable switching yard(s).

We are particularly interested in solutions for the master control panel,
where the remotes for the switches are located.  What has been your
experience in building these?  What are the things to avoid.

Thanks for your help.

Michel Magnan