 Trains / 16661
Re: sliding knife switch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 12:25:45 GMT

Very nice Steve.
Its simple and doesnt take up to much space. I am sure it could be easly
hiddne in a new by building.

Dave

PS. Its nice to see you build something for a change. j/k ;)

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
Hi All,
Here's a concept of a sliding knife switch (multipole). My original idea for
this was to use this to energize the rails in a round house, thus
guarenteeing never more then one hot. I think it might apply to a yard as well.

The slide mechanism can be inplemented differently to add poles. Or a
different solution to avoid making contact with more then one wire, so you
can have the wire bricks next to each other.

SteveB

=========================

Michel,
What MichLTC has done has been documented there in lugnet.trains... look for
postst that have Steve Ringe in them, he's our master whiz at that stuff.

He uses Technic Pole Reverser switches for control, but that has the
downside of scarcity.

Lots of clubs do this and MichLTC by no means is a be all and end all. Great
fun! Hope that helps.

Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com

http://www.mercator.com.
Mercator, the e-business transformation company

Hello everyone,

Our group is planning to automate the switches at our next show.  We
are at the stage of developping a control panel to run all the
switches from a distance.  We have several options from pure Lego to
probably cheaper electronic/Lego hybrid solutions.

I don't recall seeing much on Lugnet on this topic and would
appreciate it if you could share your experiences and ideas on this
topic.

Michel Magnan