 Trains / 16608
Re: My new creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 02:46:43 GMT

In article <GwLrpJ.J03@lugnet.com>, "Chuck Kabesh" <cokabesh@telus.net>
wrote:

I can't call this a MOC since it is really my attempt to replicate the SD40-2
that Christopher Masi has on his web site. The differences between his and
mine
are mainly due to parts availability, but I did add working headlights, a
backlit front number plate, and working exhaust fans. It is a joy to run it,
watching the  steerable trucks negotiate the curves.

Thanks to Christopher, and all the other great builders, for the inspiration.

It can be seen at http://www3.telus.net/chucko

Chuck,

  Thanks for the nod.
  I noticed you are using the hinge/panel step arrangement. I had some
serious clearance issues with that design. OK, mine kept getting knocked
off when the train went by the power connectors. The constant abuse also
weakened the trucks, and they eventually failed. I had to redesign the
steps, twice. Are you having any clearance issues?
  I was wondering how you got the black grille tiles in your radiator
bubble. I am always looking for different ways to get those tiles into
an inverted slant.

Chris

--
remove *nogarbageplease*. to e-mail me