 Trains / 16585
Re: Rio Grande SD40 MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 06:22:43 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:
I have just completed version 2 of my new Rio Grande SD40, this is going to
be one of three.

Very nice, JT!  Love the orange trim-- good choice going with the Rio Grande.

Part of this latest version is a new SNOT designed cab windows, I wanted to
get away from the standard LEGO house windows.

This also looks very nice-- very clever.

Also you may notice that I
did use a custom piece for the sun visiors over the side windows, it's an
adventures car window with the corners cut at an angle and painted black.

Ahem, I *did* happen to notice, and while on one hand you are a very naughty
boy, on the other, the liberties taken create a piece that is perfect for what
you're trying to model!

The decals are from Microscale, I just couldn't get a dark enough orange off
my ink jet printer that would work on black bricks (thanks to John Neal for
pointing me in the direction of Microscale).

You're welcome.  For anyone else looking to decal their train MOCs, go here
(choose O scale decals): http://www.microscale.com/

I look forward to pics of a lash of SDs!

-John