 Trains / 16584
16583  |  16585
Subject:
Rio Grande SD40 MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 00:36:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I have just completed version 2 of my new Rio Grande SD40, this is going to
be one of three.

Part of this latest version is a new SNOT designed cab windows, I wanted to
get away from the standard LEGO house windows. Also you may notice that I
did use a custom piece for the sun visiors over the side windows, it's an
adventures car window with the corners cut at an angle and painted black.
The decals are from Microscale, I just couldn't get a dark enough orange off
my ink jet printer that would work on black bricks (thanks to John Neal for
pointing me in the direction of Microscale).

Take a look and let me know what you think:

jt

James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club
http://www.ngltc.org