 Trains / 16623
Re: No wonder they call it a Bullet train...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 16:21:34 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
I was just poking around Brickshelf and noticed that James Mathis is as busy as
ever, although this time he's dabbling in 8 wide again, and with astonishing
results...

Check out his 8 wide Shinkansen:

Looks like I broke this link while moving pictures around in the folders.
Here's a good link:

Now check out this link he provides to real-life pics of the Shinkansen:
http://www.h2.dion.ne.jp/~dajf/byunbyun/gallery/500.htm

I would like to state that all the Shinkansen models that I've been
tinkering with are CAD-only concepts.  I haven't real-brick built any of
them, nor any parts of them.  I think my JR 500 Series model still needs
quite a bit of work.  I think I secured the bodies together in a minimal
way, just to get a start on located SNOT knobs in an agreeable location.

For those who might be curious to check out the details of the (incomplete)
construction so far, here is a link to the .mpd file for version 2:
Please feel free, if you are so inclined, to work from this file and improve
it, change it, criticize it! whatever you might want to do with it. Have fun!

later,
James Mathis