 Trains / *882 (-100)
  Re: 12V train early 70th

(...) 12v Trains is two words. All three (9, 4.5, 12) are. The fact that a match on theme=Trains works at all is because the indices have not gotten cleaned up yet; most all items were first "themed" at Trains, with the secondary characteristic set (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

Just a copuple weeks ago I took the train from Portland to Seattle. It s was the Amtrak (Talgo) passenger train. It has only one axle between cars. I tried to find some pics but ran out of time here is a URL (URL) plan to make one, I think this one (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) Sorry, should have Capitalized. the January issue of Trains Magazine, published by Kalmbach. I can't comment on the book, haven't seen it. (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

Yes, you are welcome in the GMLTC Scott. Please send credit card number to my email address to cover dues;-) J2 (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: strange flat bed cars

Larry makes a great point! ("don't let the fact that someone has already tried to build a model/car keep you from trying") I was inspired to build mine after standing about 10 feet from a 9-segment spine car passed at very slow speed, with 2-high (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Whoo hoo! Found four blue train windows

Wow, last night while looking for a clear red 1x1 cylinder I found 4 blue "train windows" without glass in my "Robor Command Center" (URL) I then spent 20 minutes checking all my other sets...bummer no other surprises. Chris (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More GMLTC pics

(...) Well, I gasped, but my opinion of you has not gone down (you do not paint bricks to get the colors you want, do you?) Lego make such a limitted selection of track that it can be annoying, especially the points. Didn't someone come up with a (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) What do you mean by January trains? This news group in Januray? Also, where do you get most of your information, books about real trains, books about model trains, modeling magazines? I keep saying that I am going to get this book The Great (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More GMLTC pics

(...) yes you can. Create a custom element starting with the 9V straight but cut down to fit. You'll need to post the element file so it can be imported. (...) Shocked. Just Shocked. (that there's cutting going on here) Arrest the usual suspects. (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) Yes, but use them to get ideas, not to reject working on your own creations!!! There are SO MANY different kinds of container articulateds in the prototype that we modelers have bareley scratched the surface. Keep building. No one has done a (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

(...) Who says there isn't? I said it was a low structure group. You're in michigan. I am too. so there is. :-) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

O! I forgot about coastal cutter, and I even HAVE that set. It's used to pick up the boat, IIRC. (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V train early 70th

Joshua, your reorg is great. but can you break up 12V trains into two words so that a search using theme=trains finds them all instead of just 9V and 4.5V? (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: More GMLTC pics

(...) Confession time: We can't do a Track Designer (r?) layout because we cut (gasp!) a few pieces of straight track to make things fit... I know, I know - the opinion of us in the Lego train community just took a major dive... The parallel tracks (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Books to get Ideas for train projects

Hi All, I've been searching all the discount and second hand bookshops for books on trains and yesterday hit the jackpot. Found two great references each selling for about $15.00 new! The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Steam & Rail by Colin Garratt and (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 080 Ambassador Train Set

I thought that 080 was from 1969, that's the catalog I've got with my set. I'd have to do some checking on that, I've still got the box too. I can definately say it is Samsonite era Lego. Never heard it called Ambassador Train, though never was able (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: R: ICQ connection

(...) beautiful . (...) Hi, Do you have an ICQnumber already? Mine is 30823064, nickname Markassius Mark Follow up set to -off-topic-FUN (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

(...) [Sorry I'm coming in late on this one] There are two different elements involved, and they're in at least three sets, actually: 1x4 Spring Cage, Hinge Connect, 3M Qty Color Set U.S. Set Name Year Theme --- ----- ---- ---...--- ---- ---...--- 1 (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 080 Ambassador Train Set

(...) Is the set this one? (URL) only recently added this entry to Pause. -- joshua (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V train early 70th

(...) This is exactly why I recently recategorized the trains at Pause :) Try this link: (URL) what you're looking for one of the first three? -- joshua (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Semi-ADMIN: Pause Train Reference Improvement Work in Good Shape

A big friendly whistle blast to all... :-P Summary: ------- I've re-categorized all the 4.5v and 12v trains entries on the Pause section of LUGNET. Check it out and let everyone know what you think (I already know that 726 is missing -- we have no (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide vehicles

(...) Yep, pretty darned sure. It's a "Train" element in my estimation. Am I positive? No: "Only fools are positive." (...) If I recall correctly, Joe Lahrer has specifically stated as trivia that there has been only one (or is it two?) Technic/EB (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

OK OK I get the point..been there done that. I guess I need to spend more time looking at all your web sites. Sorry for overlooking/forgetting some of the things that have been done out there! Chris (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote (in part): (...) <snip> (...) You can look at my Freight Container Car page. (URL) -Z- (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide vehicles

(...) Are you sure? I would have thought that it was either "expert builder" or space prior to that. I have a instruction book that has a 6 wide (0r at least I think it is...don't have it here to check) windscreen on a truck. (clear...now slightly (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

Now if there was only one in Michigan! :) Scott Sanburn (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More GMLTC pics

Hey I did not even notice the apples. Very cool. (...) I want to see a close up those animal carrying box cars. Hey! Rotate those pictures before you post them! My neck HURTS. Also, I notice that you use some non-standard track layouts. For example, (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  R: ICQ connection

Hi to everybody I have downloaded The ICQ program and in my opinion is beautiful . Same of you use this program? Francesco (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More GMLTC pics

(...) [1] Or as we call him, "number 1". John Kelly is "number 3", because he is actually John Kelly III. That leaves me number 2 :-( What a crappy number....sorry, couldn't resist; thought it tied in with the road apple motiff and all. And what's (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Shows and Clubs?

Hello, I am from south and central florida, and I would be very interested in a Lego Everything/Lego Train Club. The problem is that my creations are all in boxes since my parents moved. I am in Daytona Beach going to school, so let me know about (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More GMLTC pics

I think my favorite has to be the farm picture, love the detail (like Christopher pointed out). I like trying many different ways to make trees, think I'll have to try those. I also like that apple? tree in the park scene, my wife made some (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More GMLTC pics

The scans are not real great, but these are from before the great create... (URL) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More GMLTC pics

(...) 1. Watch where you step! (The fence rail is not supposed to be on the ground though...) 2. Tractor wheels are Technic chain links wrapped around the 'medium pulley' piece. It's a very tight fit, but it looks good. 3. 2x2 round brown bricks, (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) I forgot about this one. Oh well. Also I learned that Larry has done a bunch of flatbeds. I have not had time to go through all of Larry's site. (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More GMLTC pics

(...) 1. What the horse did. 2. The tractor wheels...nice idea they look good. 3. The trees. I'll be copying that technique thanks! (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More GMLTC pics

(...) Wow! Thanks for posting, Larry. Ed (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide vehicles

(...) Wow, Larry. I didn't know I had the "rep" with you. I'm honored. :) (shame on you for not knowing this -- it _is_ LEGO Train trivia :-P) Scott's on the money. 1980 saw the first 6-stud-wide windshields, and they were all trains related. See (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) I did a metroliner like that: SEE (URL) from menu: Trains and then Articulated Metroliner OR Direct link without navigation: (URL) Brok Visit LEGO ON MY MIND: (URL) Control section: (URL) section: (URL) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

Hi All, A couple shows ago we had a 60+ car train with two front puller engines and a pusher engine at the tail. We had to be a bit careful not to "pop a knuckle" (that makes me smile to say that) but with that kind of load the engines had a real (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: Train Depot DCC Update

Three mile Island train theme SteveB Matthew Bates wrote in message ... (...) Maybe (...) onto (...) from (...) tab (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Shows and Clubs?

Yes, Please take some pictures. The internet is what holds this community together and the pics are the golden nuggets! SteveB www.PNLTC.org Robin Werner wrote in message ... (...) all (...) Florida (...) you (...) to (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) Been there, done that. An artic was the very first thing I tried. I can't find the pics anymore but it was pretty fragile. It used 2x2 turntables for the pivots. I did a 5 unit double stack just before I left CO. See: (URL) and go to the (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  More GMLTC pics

John G sent me these... (URL) think they also are from the Great Create time frame. (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

Something I noticed while driving past the rail yard and while watching "Extreme Machines" or was it "Trains Unlimited" is a trick that both high-speed trains and freight trains use to reduce rolling resistance. The trick is to cut down the rolling (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Depot DCC Update

<snip every thing> After opening my first lego motor, I took a look at that rounded part. Just with my technical knowledge (didn't perform anytest on it) I defenetivly say it is a thermistor and it doesn't have to be heated by the motor, just the (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

John is more modest than he needs to be. The lift bridge is operational, just not for extended periods. :) It is a very graceful lift with LEGO motors basically crawling up the towers. We took pictures with it in the up and down positions at the (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: Two train layouts (wasRe: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

A minor correction... (...) It was John Neal who thought of it first. I just jumped on the bandwagon. :-) I bet that kid is pretty enthused now. Way to go. As to shows, John Neal told me that they won an award voted on by the public for favorite (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: Anyone Interested

Ok, I wasn't sure if anyone would like that price, I tried to keep it fair, I split the cost by 4 cars. I don't think that's unfair. You'd get all the stuff that went along with the car, if I took and split the price by piece and counted out the (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Two train layouts (wasRe: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

In response to Larry's desire with Ben's second to see **2** LEGO train layouts at the same show, PNLTC did a small (last minute) show -- with a hasty display -- on March 7th at which there was indeed two separate groups each with its own display. (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

(...) I'd rather see them combined! Both layouts are modular. GMLTC has more modules under construction. What's needed are two relatively simple transition modules since GMLTC and PNLTC modules are built to different standards. Then, connect the (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: Anyone Interested

Hmm... 11+11+27.50+3 = 52.50 (shipping included) S@H wants 66. That gives you the entire last car, including 6 train windows, 3 minifigs and a bunch of black slopes and misc parts from that car and the engine for 13.50. That's not making a LOT of (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anyone Interested

Uh, if you are not looking to *make* any money off the sale of this set, you may want to drop your asking prices. BTW, why should I buy your motor for $27.50 when I can buy one from S@H anytime for that? (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Anyone Interested

Anyone interested in buying the wheelbarrel, Yellow tipper car and the flat bed car with the brown bricks on it from the 3225 train set. I want to buy a few more of these sets though I don't want anymore of those cars, I also might possibly sell a (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

Now that's an idea! The GMLTC layout would fit very nicely in the middle of a PNLTC display. Actually, probably best not a good idea since the crowd may run our layout over trying to get a good look at the masterful creation GMLTC has created. I (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: Train Depot DCC Update

Soete Ludo wrote: Hi,   I read your answer to Matt Bates concerning the lego train motor.   It's so that if you overload the speed regulator that the voltage will drop down due to an internal cirquit into the voltage regulator. This is a LM317 and (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

A fantastic time was had by all, especially me. I was particularly impressed with the layout's ease of set-up and break-down-- each in about an hour! 'Course, if I hear "How many Legos (sic) did it take to build this?" or "How much did all of these (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: Train Depot DCC Update

(...) Hard to say, some are able to heat by themself and some need external heat source, but the first type normaly stay "open" as long as there is power applied to them while the second type slowly became less resistive when they cool down, so if (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Depot DCC Update

(...) I suppose I could try soldering wires to it and thereby put it between the DCC decoder output and the motor. Does it need to be thermally coupled to the motor though or is the heat of the current passing through it sufficient? Matt (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Depot DCC Update

(...) Didn't open a motor yet but with the description I would say that it is a thermistor (thermal resistive device). Better find a way to live it in place. (...) When I opened my controller I didn't saw (or remember seeing) such a device inside (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Depot DCC Update

Hmmm, that's a jolly fine theory, I didn't know such a material existed. Maybe I need to go back and figure out a way to incorporate the disc into the modified motor[1]. It would be kind of embarassing if my motor fell out onto the track one day (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Depot DCC Update

(...) Larry Pieniazek responded: (...) OK, here's my guess. It's a polymer thermal resistive protection device. Put it in circuit, and turn up the power...basically, no resistance. Now, with the power up, try to stop the wheels. This would increase (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Depot DCC Update

(...) Unless it's just for FCC in which case can rip it out ;) (...) I measured its resistance, it has none. So it's no capacitor. (...) Could be, although it's hard to see how. A conductor with 1/4" diameter could carry a few hundred amps! But (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Depot DCC Update

I am sure it has a purpose and unless you know what it is you won't know whether it's safe to leave out or not. Manufacturing nowadays doesn't typically put stuff in that's not needed, need to save those pennies. My guesses: capacitator (but if this (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Depot DCC Update

I have made some progress with TDDCC and have successfully installed an MRC ADC330 N-scale decoder inside a LEGO motor. (URL) under projects (sorry no pics yet) I have a question though. Inside the LEGO motor unit is a tiny disc between the one (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

(...) Larry - Thanks for putting this out for the world to see! (...) Master builder? <blush> (...) The billboards on the outfield fence of the baseball stadium on the far right are built with bricks. The only non-brick billboard is the one on top (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: Train Shows and Clubs?

(...) and making my HO scale modeler father who lives in Tampa Bay go. And making him take pictures if he wants pictures of the grand kids :). (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

(...) Get after John Gerlach, not me.. :-) ... , he registered the domain (gmltc.org) and is setting up the website... he has all the pics and is busily scanning, I understand. I was just asked to put this one on my website so everyone will know (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.loc.us.wi.eau)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

(...) coming?!? :)P (...) Dang, that is in-freaking-credible! (...) Did they have to pull special strings to get space there at the GC or does the GC welcome mega-serious builders? In any event (ha, pun), what a great display for the GC!!! (...) (...) (26 years ago, 14-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.loc.us.wi.eau)

  Re: Train Shows and Clubs?

I think he's in Tampa Bay as his site makes references to some Tampa Bay teams. Nevertheless, I am convinced there is value in aligning with whatever club is the closest, especially if you travel. (...) Larry Pieniazek (URL) Know your Customer is (...) (26 years ago, 14-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Shows and Clubs?

Robin, I cannot remember, are you in Pensicola or was it Jacksonville? I am in New Orleans, ca. 4 hours from Pensicola. So, if you are talking about Pensicola then maybe... Chris (...) (26 years ago, 14-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Shows and Clubs?

Greeting Lego Railroaders, I am getting my display ready for the H & R Trains Spring show and was wondering if any one here is going to have a chance to stop by? Also with all the talk about Lego Train Clubs, I was thinking of starting one in the (...) (26 years ago, 14-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

(...) Great Create is held in the HHH (Hubert H. Humphrey) dome in downtown Minneapolis. Note that this picture was taken before I started hanging with these guys. To Steve's bridge questions. I am on hearsay and other pictures I have seen, as I (...) (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

I want to see a close up of that black biulding on the corner. It looks like the corner is runded off. These cities/street scenes (this one and the stuff all you other guys do) alway impress me. My layout has no buildings (well a train station, (...) (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  R: LEGO TRAIN Italian CLUB

Dear friends are you able give me same suggestion to contact Italian people that like to discuss about trains and to found a Train club. Francesco (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Bar CODE

Many tanks Eric you are very kind. Francesco (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

In lugnet.trains, Tamyra Teed writes: [snip] (...) If you're talking about the Deluxe Track Kit and ilk, I just ordered one of those Wednesday, and they said it would be here on Monday. :) I can't wait to not have my train going around in a very (...) (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

COOL!! When do we get to see some close ups of some of those buildings?? I really want to see what I think is the grey "train station?" and my color might be a little off though it looks a little purple? (might be pink, looks kinda like the slides (...) (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

That is very impressive! Is the white bridge is curved to match the track? Is that a gray truss bridge to the right? And what is the red truss work supporting? The 6 slides really make a cool carnival ride! SteveB (...) (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

As promised, here is a teaser pic: (URL) entire layout is built from Lego. All those red sides with black streaks are Lego! Only the supporting tables (the boards and draping) are not. Conan Callopy (much of the bricks are his and his uncle's) is in (...) (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: Installing Track Designer

(...) setting (...) ...That correction would be the menu bar options View>>Options>>Element Registry. Enter the appropriate path to the .tdl, or click on the Browse button. Ed (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

(...) I am on a Minneapolis based project and pop by (it's about 10 min from where I'm working) on thursdays. So no, I don't fly in every thursday. Just Sunday through friday. (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: 6-wide vehicles

There is also a class of truck cabs that are 5 studs wide. The 1/2 stud granularity gives a less course model. The Indy Transport 6335 is an example. I've used this technique a lot on trains as well. SteveB www.PNLTC.org (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

I second that! I love the consistancey of the URLs! Larry do you fly in every Thrus? SteveB PNLTC (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: 6-wide vehicles

(...) Ford plants use them to move Auto Racks around. NS also owns some for MoW uses. They use the regular wheels to drive the rail wheels, the rail wheels don't move on their own, i.e. there is no traction motor in them, interesting however, is (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

(...) I'll be watching for the new site to come up, and we'll set a link to it when it's ready. (Folks may have heard that BAYLUG is finally getting off the ground, and I'll be working on the Trains theme page, since we don't have a strict "LTC" (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

Not that our minifig engineers would *need* that much sand;-) It was hilarious (no pun intended:) to watch Larry in FBM [1], using my son (&me!) as his brick fetchers, as he raced the clock to finish the tower before needing to leave to catch his (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

Is this your coming out party? If so, allow me to be the first to officially welcome the Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club. Myself and other PNLTC members have eyed photographs of the GMLTC layout and have been overwhelmed with the details in their (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

This is a low structure, fun loving kind of group. I've been hanging with them just about every Thursday for a few weeks now and they're great. I'm happy to say that I built them a 4 bay sanding tower for the new engine service module under (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

A new group of LEGO train fanatics are organizing the "Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club". Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the club currently has a 13' x 15' layout built entirely from Lego bricks. We have approximately 70 pieces of custom rolling (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Same suggestion about BAR CODE

VEGA wrote in message ... (...) very (...) is a (...) possible (...) I think you mean the dice. It stands for a random amount of time. Eric (26 years ago, 10-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  R: Same suggestion about BAR CODE

Gentlemen please give me a little answer about this my problems I will be very happy many tanks As you know in the table were it is possible to program the Bar code there is a cube in the part where there are the time, I do not understand what it is (...) (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Installing Track Designer

(...) I'll echo the thanks here too - Thank you Matthew for this excellent time saving program. It's brought my LEGO train world into my computer world with ease and precision. I saw the registry.tdl problem myself, but corrected it by changing the (...) (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Original wagon designs

(...) <tiny voice> oh. well, duh! Silly me. </tiny voice> Thanks. (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Installing Track Designer

I had this problem too. I am not sure what fixed it except that I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it somewhere else. I am not an expert in these matters, but my experience would indicate there is a slight problem in the manner that the (...) (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrical Things (was: Railroad Dilemma)

(...) But (pedant mode on) your wording in the post above does make that implication. ;-) (...) No fair. :-) That's a white box test. Much more fun to drag out a scope. OK, I give. (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC web update

Hi All, There are new pictures on our web site www.PNLTC.org of the last GATS (Great American Train Show) we did in Portland, OR on Feb 20 -21. The show gallery is found on the Gallery page. There is about 100 pics. The Galery page layout is a bit (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrical Things (was: Railroad Dilemma)

(...) interested. (...) True, I used a voltmeter to generate the data on that page, but I didn't claim anywhere on my page or previous posts that that was what I used to prove it is not PWM. Proof is obtained by opening the controller, getting the (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrical Things (was: Railroad Dilemma)

(...) it on a scope. If we have a PWM voltage with a 50% duty cycle and 10 millisecond period An analog voltmeter will report the average voltage of 4.5, not 5 milliseconds DC 9V and 5 milliseconds DC 0V because it does not have the timescale (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Installing Track Designer

Since I released Track Designer 2.0 I've had a number of people email me saying that after they install it says it can't find the registry.tdl file. Why is this? I've never got to the bottom of it and despite requests no one has ever told me if (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrical Things (was: Railroad Dilemma)

(...) That is because there is a diode to protect from reverse voltage and the voltage drop is about 0.3V (...) The maximum current is about 0.7A MAXIMUM ( maximum voltage and whell not turning) with one controller (...) the internal resistance will (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact