 Trains / 882
Re: 12V train early 70th
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:49:47 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Joshua, your reorg is great. but can you break up 12V trains into two
words so that a search using theme=trains finds them all instead of just
9V and 4.5V?

12v Trains is two words.  All three (9, 4.5, 12) are.  The fact that a
match on theme=Trains works at all is because the indices have not
gotten cleaned up yet; most all items were first "themed" at Trains,
with the secondary characteristic set to "9v" or "4.5v".  Many, of
course, were not, so the reorg was quite necessary.

What you see now under "Trains" is what was remaining in that category
the last time a true reindexing occurred.  They no longer read
"Trains" because after posting my announcement last night, I went to
fix the 9v stuff, and found those few 4.5v items mixed in, and fixed
all of them.

AFAIKnew, Todd has an indexing cron job that should have fixed this
problem, but my understanding of what it would be able to do seems to
be off.  I would have assumed that it would have cleared these out by
now.

So, the search match is supposed to be that way.

Except: (I know what you're going to say) that really stinks.  We need
a way to show ALL trains, no matter what the product line is.  I'm not
sure how to make this happen, other than Todd adding the product line
and theme fields to his fuzzy search.  Right now, "Trains" as a search
only returns items with "Trains" in the product name, and that's not
good enough.  So this is something to fix.  Adding the field to the
search would be an interim solution, until such time as Pause gets the
fuzzy category system he's working on.

Note that a ?theme=Trains search has never done what you're looking
for, as quite a few sets now in the three product-line values used to
be in totally different product lines altogether (such as Universal).

Maybe I can get access to the up-front theme pages (which are not
linked to the database), and can, at the very least, get an
all-encompassing list for trains set up there (but that wouldn't be
live data).

Let's see what Space Boy has to say about all this...
-- joshua