 Trains / 800
Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 21:04:32 GMT

I second that!  I love the consistancey of the URLs! Larry do you fly in every
Thrus?
SteveB
PNLTC

Ben Fleskes writes:
Is this your coming out party?  If so, allow me to be the first to officially
welcome the Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club.

Myself and other PNLTC members have eyed photographs of the GMLTC layout and
have been overwhelmed with the details in their constructions.  John and the
other members surely have been playing well.

With great anticipation I await the website

Ben Fleskes
PNLTC

John Neal writes:
A new group of LEGO train fanatics are organizing the "Greater Midwest
LEGO Train Club".  Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the club currently
has a 13' x 15' layout built entirely from Lego bricks.

We have approximately 70 pieces of custom rolling stock, 20 buildings, 7
bridges and 2 tunnels, with many more pieces planned or 'in progress'.

The layout received the first place blue ribbon at the Great American
Train Show (GATS) in St. Paul, Minnesota December 19th - 20th, 1998.
The next scheduled show is this weekend, March 13th and 14th, 1999, in
La Crosse, Wisconsin.  New features include a custom built passenger
train, and several new freight engines and cars.

The club is also working on a web site, which will hopefully be up
sometime in April.  The address will be WWW.GMLTC.ORG.

Disclaimer:  LEGO® is a registered trademark of The LEGO Group.  The
GMLTC is not sponsored, endorsed, or supported by The LEGO Group or its
subsidiaries.