 Trains / 806
Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 01:19:07 GMT

COOL!! When do we get to see some close ups of some of those buildings??
I really want to see what I think is the grey "train station?" and my
color might be a little off though it looks a little purple? (might be
pink, looks kinda like the slides color) the building to the right rear
of the grey one. Also the Carnival rides and the black girder bridge.

I'd hate to know the answer, though how much did you guys spend on
track??? <cringing already>

Speaking of Track, anyone that has the special layouts of track on
backorder, I got mine today, and they said it wouldn't show up till the
end of April. I guess they got the switch tracks in, needless to say,
I'm rebuilding my train this weekend!!!!

Keep us posted to more pics please!
Tamy

Steve Barile wrote:

That is very impressive! Is the white bridge is curved to match the track? Is
that a gray truss bridge to the right? And what is the red truss work
supporting? The 6 slides really make a cool carnival ride!
SteveB

As promised, here is a teaser pic:

http://my.voyager.net/lar/UMLTC_layout.jpg

That entire layout is built from Lego. All those red sides with black
streaks are Lego! Only the supporting tables (the boards and draping)
are not.

Conan Callopy (much of the bricks are his and his uncle's) is in the
center area and John Gerlach (master builder of rolling stock) is in the
black shirt behind the layout. This pic was taken at the Great Create
(last year??). As I type this (from the World Club at the MPLS airport
awaiting my flight....) the UMLTC gang is on their way to LaCrosse Wi
for a show.

These guys are a little less purist than me, note the billboards. John
often uses decals or labelmaker labels to decorate his engines and
rolling stock. But I can deal.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.