 Trains / 803
Re: Installing Track Designer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 14:18:38 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Ed McGlynn writes:
John Matthews writes:
I had this problem too.  I am not sure what fixed it except that I
uninstalled the program and reinstalled it somewhere else.  I am not an
expert in these matters, but my experience would indicate there is a slight
problem in the manner that the program is installed.

It is a fine program and saved me from drawing the track pieces in AutoCAD
(which I did anyway for fun).  Thanks for sharing the program Matthew.

John Matthews

I'll echo the thanks here too - Thank you Matthew for this excellent time
saving program.  It's brought my LEGO train world into my computer world with
ease and precision.

I saw the registry.tdl problem myself, but corrected it by changing the • setting
that pointed to the location of the file.  I won't get into details, but it's
an easy correction, and not a bug or misfeature of the program.

Ed

...That correction would be the menu bar options View>>Options>>Element
Registry.  Enter the appropriate path to the .tdl, or click on the Browse
button.

Ed

Matthew Bates wrote in message ...
Since I released Track Designer 2.0 I've had a number of people email me
saying that after they install it says it can't find the registry.tdl file.

Why is this?

I've never got to the bottom of it and despite requests no one has ever • told
me if they've fixed this problem themselves. So has anyone had this problem
and then figured out what was wrong? If so PLEASE tell me.

Matt