 Trains / 821
Re: Train Depot DCC Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:12:33 GMT

I am sure it has a purpose and unless you know what it is you won't know
whether it's safe to leave out or not. Manufacturing nowadays doesn't
typically put stuff in that's not needed, need to save those pennies.
Unless it's just for FCC in which case can rip it out ;)

My guesses:
capacitator (but if this is in series between the motor input and the
contact, no way... current would not flow)
I measured its resistance, it has none. So it's no capacitor.

Fusible link
Could be, although it's hard to see how. A conductor with 1/4" diameter could
carry a few hundred amps! But maybe the foil melts or something. I dunno.

Matt