 Trains / 819
818  |  820
Subject:
Train Depot DCC Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:16:41 GMT

I have made some progress with TDDCC and have successfully installed an MRC
ADC330 N-scale decoder inside a LEGO motor.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/train_depot

look under projects (sorry no pics yet)

I have a question though. Inside the LEGO motor unit is a tiny disc between
the one terminal of the electric motor and the metal contact stip (i.e. in
series). It is about 1/4" diameter and 1/32" thick, made of some black
substance with silvery foil on each side. What is its purpose? It doesn't
appear to have any resistance.

The reason I ask is I had to remove it to install the DCC decoder, keeping it
would be way too hard. It doesn't appear to make any difference.

Matt