 Trains / 846
Re: 6-wide vehicles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 09:35:00 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Scott Edward Sanburn wrote:

No, I think it came out in the early 80's, if I am correct? Larry?

That's a Joshua kind of question. I am no expert on parts or sets
because I only got started again 1.3 years ago.

Wow, Larry.  I didn't know I had the "rep" with you.  I'm honored. :)

(shame on you for not knowing this -- it _is_ LEGO Train trivia :-P)

Scott's on the money.  1980 saw the first 6-stud-wide windshields, and
they were all trains related.  See 7740 for an example.

They fell dormant for quite some time after that, and the aforementioned
6440 Jetport Fire Squad in 1991 (Trans-Lt-Blue) is the first resurgence
I know of of the element.  Then it fell asleep again until 1994 when the
Paradisa set 6402 Sidewalk Cafe brought it out again (and this was the
only modern version in Transparent-Clear, BTW), and we've had them each
year since, in Transparent Light-Blue and White (Soccer sets).

BTW, the original list was of 6-wide sets, not sets with the 6x2 Sloping
Windshield, 2H

-- joshua