 Trains / 765
Re: 6-wide vehicles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 16:57:00 GMT

You could argue that the yellow and red/black specialty truck sets (same
design, just different color schemes) are 6 wide even if their only have
4 wide windshields. They have wider wheels and footboards, etc. Also,
their prototype (if it's a KW or Peterbuilt) has a windshield much
narrower than the full width of the vehicle.

Kevin Wilson wrote:

Going by the pictures on Pause, these sets only have 4-wide windscreens,
not six: 6329 Truck Stop Cafe, 6432 Speedway Transport, 6434 Roadside
Repair, 6464 Super Resuce Complex, 2148 is hard to tell but looks more
like a 4-wide, 3442 is a 4-wide.

Only the Com-Link Cruiser and 6459 Fuel Truck have six-wides - yes,
that's a good looking vehicle for a change - and the com-link cruiser's
is pointy, not a lot of use for a normal road vehicle.

Where did you see the others with 6-wides, Ben? You had my hopes up for
a minute there <g>

Kevin

Stop the FDIC from spying on us! Go to
http://www.defendyourprivacy.com and sign the petition.