 Trains / 850
Re: More GMLTC pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 15:05:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

John G sent me these...

http://my.voyager.net/lar/GMLTC_Farm.jpg

A few neat details in an exceptional model stand out here.
1. What the horse did.
2. The tractor wheels...nice idea they look good.
3. The trees. I'll be copying that technique thanks!

1.  Watch where you step!  (The fence rail is not supposed to be on the ground
though...)

2. Tractor wheels are Technic chain links wrapped around the 'medium pulley'
piece.  It's a very tight fit, but it looks good.

3.  2x2 round brown bricks, with brown arches, then another round brick
holding a brown 'lance' piece.  Put several of the foliage pieces on it for a
quick and simple tree.  Personally, I like the tire swing!  There are also a
couple of small brown plates on the ground below each tree, they're supposed
to be the roots.  (Don't know if you can see them in the picture or not.)

We're still searching for a host for our site - anyone in the Twin Cities have
some extra bandwidth you'd like to share??  We'd supply the computer!

John G.
  (of course, remove the ".nospam" to reply...)