 Trains / 869
Re: More GMLTC pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 14:30:41 GMT

Also, I notice that you use some non-standard track layouts. For example, in
http://www.skypoint.com/~jkelly69/train/train9.gif you have a one line turnig
and breaking into two parallel lines. It looks like (from the yellow and red
engine's point of view) strait track, 1 curve to right, point. Choose right
side of point go on straight part of point then 1 curve right then straight
track. Choose left side of point go on curved part of point then straight
track. The two straights aren't really parallel...or are they...I gues I check
when I get home. Anyway, I guess this is a request to put a Track Designer gif
of your layout on your site when it is up and running. I guess since I just
created a track designer pict of my layout I should put mine up too.

I like you night club. I cannot tell how you did the curved awning. The red
and blue parts look like those one piece low slope roof pieces, but what is
the checker board curve (it looks curved to me.)

Thanks!
Christopher

Confession time:  We can't do a Track Designer (r?) layout because we cut
(gasp!) a few pieces of straight track to make things fit...  I know, I know -
the opinion of us in the Lego train community just took a major dive...

The parallel tracks are made by turning off the curved track, instead of off
the straight track.  Did that make any sense?  What we found was that put the
parallel tracks 1 stud closer together - that meant 1 more stud of room to
build buildings!

The night club awning is made from oodles (very technical term) of 2x2 tiles.

We're working on getting more pictures up - we promise!  Hopefully soon!

JG