 Trains / *8469 (-100)
  Re: 2 Button RCX controlled Train

Ed, when you visited my website were you able to see the entire page without scrolling (left and right). Today was the first time I saw my website on my home computer. I've always seen it via my labtop (where I created the website). Well on my home (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2 Button RCX controlled Train

(...) Ahui - I'm still digesting this well documented page, but I wanted to make a slight correction to your URL: (URL) defintely want others to get right to seeing what you've done! Nice job so far... Thanks, Ed (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it possible to make trains in automation?

You could do this with the freight loading tain set and a couple of mindstorm RCX blocks. I already have an RCX controlling my trains and doing collision avoidance. The code can be easily modified to slow dows/stop at the freight station. You would (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Is it possible to make trains in automation?

I am buying train sets at the moment, I haven't seen any automation train sets, I mean train will move automatically, it will be in high speed when leaving station, slow speed and stop when near and arrive station, it can avoid oppsite train in (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: It's finally done, my station is online !

(...) In fact this was first time ever, I enjoyed a flash animated site. Still the model is the star on your page! Cool work. Leg Godt! Ben BTW: visit the pumpkin building contest: (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  It's finally done, my station is online !

Hi ! It's finally done, after more than 10 months of building, trading and buying bricks I have completed my biggest project so far: the station of the city where I live (Bad Homburg, near Frankfurt in Germany): (URL) a view pictures for (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  2 Button RCX controlled Train

I created an NQC code to have my RCX control a train and allow the user to use two push buttons to a) increase speed of train and b) change directions. Visit my website for the code and greater explanation: www.geocities.com/je...dstorm.htm (Its at (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed Locomotive

I'd forgotten about the 'private railways'. I think it is only a requirement of locomotives operating on the national rail network to have yellow fronts. That said, steam engines and heritage stock must be exempt. Anyway, I hope someone builds some (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Table Skirts (was: Re: NELUG Table #1)

Just wondering if some of you that are "train show experianced" could help us out in terms of Table Skirts. We need to get Table Skirts for our upcomming Show and would like advice as to what the rest of you use and where you bought them and how (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Sorry!!

Sorry! Netscape told me I had cancelled this message but apparently I hadn't! Yay for Netscape! Tim (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Brisbane tilt train (australia)

First off I'd like to say a hi here to the people in .trains. I've been lurking here for a while and have admired many of the brilliant MOC's. I have a question for train enthusiasts. Does anyone know where to find pics of the Brisbane-Rockhampton (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Brisbane tilt train

First off I'd like to say a hi here to the people in .trains. I've been lurking here for a while and have admired many of the brilliant MOC's. I have a question for train enthusiasts. Does anyone know where to find pics of the Brisbane-Rockhampton (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: New TGV pics.....

I put up 3 new pics for you. One of them the train is in a turn, and the other two show the front truck. Dave (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A new challenge...

(...) Couldnt one put the RCX vertical? In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes: (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A new challenge...

(...) couplers, (...) Not anymore...try $14.99 plus shipping. Adding the windows and doors for one passenger car does approach that price though. Will (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) I am diffently in always wanted to be an inventor of legos. :) (kai in michigan) (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A new challenge...

Me too, I hope the train can be over 8-wide as I want to put RCX or Scout inside train, so 8-wide is too small, any good idea for combination RCX with Train? (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Acela Nose L-coupler matches standard height

Here are two versions of an L-coupler to bring the magnet height inside the nose of the Acela down to the standard LEGO magnetic coupler height. (URL) two is slightly shorter and perhaps a little more compact than version one. Both are shown via the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed Locomotive

(...) I just did some searching, as well. For applications of the yellow lower LEGO train nose piece I was thinking of the following two locomotives: The "Intercity 125" was the one I was thinking of: (URL) the APT, but it doesn't have full yellow (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed Locomotive

(...) Sure! I can think of a few....like (most) of the steamers...although, not all. Some of the Sentinels operated by the foundry (??? name forgets me, but Ronald (sp) was one of them...) had yellow/black buffer beams, that was about 83. James (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed Locomotive

(...) I shall now search for "modern British trains". Perhaps there is one that suggests using this yellow nose piece? Can you recommend a locomotive, Nicholas? Thanks. later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: High Speed Locomotive

James Mathis <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:G3Cyn5.CKz@lugnet.com... <Snippage> (...) their (...) having a (...) I think it may actually be legal requirement for all locomotives to have yellow noses here in Britain. I can recall no modern (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed Locomotive

(...) That's great! I look forward to seeing future versions and new creations. later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A new challenge...

(...) couplers,plate, wheels, and bogie plate cost about half that alone ($25). When I imagine what a good quality train car should cost, I think in comparable terms ie O scale cars from model railroading. For quality stuff, you are in the $50-100 (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed Locomotive

(...) I agree. I just ordered a #6473 "Res-Q Cruiser" to get a black nose. (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A new challenge...

(...) *That's* a relief... I was expecting 14-wide... ;-) JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

(...) All I meant was that I never have enough bricks to make two 6-wide models of the same thing, so I do not loose much by making one 8-wide creation. So, the brick count does not seem to be a big deal from my point of view. On the other hand, if (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A new challenge...

"sebarile-MOBL" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:G3CxDE.91n@lugnet.com... (...) idea. (...) sale... (...) I wish it weren't so, but I suspect it will be hard to stay in the $25 range when a Wagon Plate kit (3737) costs $15, a set of (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) Not at all. I thought 100 new parts would be plenty. Maybe 50 new each year. Child's play. -John (...) Alllllrighty now, Stevo's in for a mil-- any others? -John (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A new challenge...

A good idea, but I think your numbers are too low. Heck, a train car's couplers, plate, wheels, and bogie plate cost about half that alone ($25). When I imagine what a good quality train car should cost, I think in comparable terms ie O scale cars (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed Locomotive

(...) When I see that yellow nose against black and white, I get squeemish. ;-) However, I recall that Brit-Rail's InterCity 125 was adorned with a yellow nose, as were most of their locomotives in the early 1980's. I liked their "look". So, I (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New TGV pics.....

Hi, Dave. Thanks for posting the pictures. The color and details look good. I like how you incorporated the rubber bands into the roof line to also model the detail of the real-life TGV's electric power distribution above the center line and between (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  A new challenge...

So with all this talk about starting a LEGO train theme spin off I had an idea. A new challenge. Create a train themed MOC (I think, trains) using easily accessible elements; bulk, freestyle buckets, per part piece from private bulk sale... The cost (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

Great topic. And many of us train heads have thought of this is several very similar ways. Some even doing it (train guild, MOC sales...) But to even partially realize a spin off there would need to be at least a million upfront. Run the numbers on (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

Christopher Masi wrote: <snip> (...) Interesting you should say that, Chris, because when building 8 wides and larger, I have found it to be exactly the opposite case. When I have a large project in the works, I find it very time consuming to (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) Hey, I think I just found my marketing director! Steve, were you thinking of a company like Dacta? How about naming it "LOCOBRIC"? At least it describes how I feel about LEGO;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  High Speed Locomotive

I have posted some images of a high speed locomotive I put together last night. They are on BrickShelf at (URL) . The front uses one of those big 6x8x3 windscreens (part# 551) covered with tape. Is that pure? No - but it looks a lot better than a (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

[snipped all ng but lugnet.dear-lego and lugnet.trains] (...) Here's an interesting thought (well, it was interesting to me, when I thought of it): TLC could/should spin off Trains to a subsidiary development/marketing company, to accomplish the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New TGV pics.....

(...) It's a very pretty model and has some very interesting features. However I would not call it a TGV, it's rather far off that shape. The TGV has a very distinctive nose profile which this one is significantly different from. See the TGV of (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: New TGV pics.....

TGV.... I think it looks a little more like THALYS (www.thalys.com) with the high engine. But that is also a kind of TGV AFAIK. Do you have a picture of it curves? What have you done with the front boogie? Sonnich -----Original Message----- From: (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New TGV pics.....

I have just put up some new pics of the my TGV. Just goto (URL) is a only temporary page for now. Enjoy, Dave (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

Todd Lehman wrote: If TLC were my toy company.... First, I would do the obvious and offer as many kinds of bricks in bulk online as I could. That's a no-brainer. After all, you can't build imagination without the hardware;-) Second, I would (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it poosible that convert 4.5v/12v to 9v?

(...) Actually, without modification you cannot put the 12v power rails in the middle of the 9v track. I tried it. I had to file down some plastic off the inside of the 12v power rails so they would connect to the 9v rails. The problem is that the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Guinness 2000 Record Wind-up and original record

(...) Thanks for the update and the article post, Dan. I look forward to seeing still photos. I am interested to possibly see more close-ups (maybe?) of all the MOC rolling stock and locomotives at the event. What a huge stock yard...unbelievable (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

(...) I (...) I wanted to buy the 3171 Pumpkins set from S@H, but seeing that all bricks are 2-wide, I have hesitated. That is good, because I should not spend the money! Just look for good real life objects colored orange ;-) I have seen Maerklin (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes: <snip 8-wide discussion> <Masi points out 8-wide good for interiors> I have really enjoyed seeing all the 8-wide creations. Agreed, the interior space available in an 8-wide creation is very cool. What I've (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it poosible that convert 4.5v/12v to 9v?

(...) Of course you can't use turnouts in such a mixed system. Frank (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it poosible that convert 4.5v/12v to 9v?

(...) Yes, I think I mentioned that the gauge of all three tracks were the same; what I meant was that you cannot connect any of the 4.5 or 12 *to* 9 volt track; the binding methods are vastly different. -John (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it poosible that convert 4.5v/12v to 9v?

(...) Yes but you can run a 4.5 volt on a 9v track. You could even put 12v pickups in the middle of 9v track and run all three types ! Michael Pratt (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Guinness 2000 Record Wind-up and original record

Hi all, a soon as we complete our documentation package, everything is submitted to the Guinness committee. So far, it looks good. A full report and more pics are also in order - hopefully soon. Resonding to a request from Sonnich Jensen, here's a (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Is it poosible that convert 4.5v/12v to 9v?

(...) That isn't strictly true. It would be pretty hard to put a 4.5v motor into a many of the 9V and 12V engines. (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  thanks for voting me cool lego site of the week

Thanks to everyone who voted (URL) Cool Lego Site of the week. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy. FYI, we are working on Metro Plaza now. This is a town centre with the Metro Terminus on one side, and buildings on the other. A couple of office blocks, (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

Jumping in to add my voice to the 6 vs 8-wide thing. 8-wide has been fun. I think the biggest advantage is the extra interior room. Big cars look cool, but when you can open them up and have great interiors the coolness factor goes WAY up. The three (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

Hi James, just checking the news before I will leave tomorrow.... (...) What could I do with 2 Snowspeeders, 4 Pumkins (all bricks are 2-wide ;-(( ) the artic headquarter and the superb Podracer Set?? I think I have to work it out!! (...) (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

(...) I have wanted to do this ever since modeling the TGV. It is tough enough to get a few orange pieces. Even tougher to get enough orange for the TGV that I built. Then, to want to build a second orange TGV! I'm sure some LEGO fans have many more (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it poosible that convert 4.5v/12v to 9v?

Zhengrong- It will not be possible to use the 4.5 volt or 12 volt track with the 9 volt system. In the 4.5 volt track, the rails are plastic and the train run on batteries. In the 12 volt system, there is a metal strip which attaches down the middle (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

Hi James, I am following your inavational process!! That's really great putting two locomotives nose-to-nose together! And the challenge is enormous with the narrow LEGO tracks. Should I start with an ICE 2 (using a similar coupling technology) (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC going 8 wide

(...) :-) (...) (I stuffed the ballot box;-) (...) For most cars. J-1 refers to my impressive but long passenger cars, but hey, I'm modeling an 80 foot long train car here! Even at 60 studs I am compressing, so I will continue to "whine";-) (...) (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it poosible that convert 4.5v/12v to 9v?

Thanks, I knew something now, but is it possible to use old tracks? I mean 4.5v or 12v tracks? Then how about the wide and height of train? I asked such problems as I still have any train sets or parts until now! Br Zhengrong (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC going 8 wide

(...) EXCUSE ME????? What sort of revisionist history rewrite is this???? John Neal whined for months for the GMLTC to go 8-wide instead of 6-wide. And after we couldn't take his whining anymore we broke down and voted 'yes'. And NOW he wants us to (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

"Zhengrong Zang" <mikezang@iname.com> wrote in message news:39FEAB74.3A8709...ame.com... (...) my 7722 is 'converted' to 9v, simply by putting a 9v motor in place of the 4.5v motor. You must think about the motor and the train set as separate items (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Is it poosible that convert 4.5v/12v to 9v?

Yes you can use most of you rolling stock on both kind of tracks. You may have some problems with 12V wheels on 9V tracks, but I have solved that by using bismuth in bricks (I will have some more about that on my homepage in 2 weeks). Lego bricks (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Is it poosible that convert 4.5v/12v to 9v?

I know at the moment, 9v is the standard and RCA and new products will use 9v, too. I found some of 4.5v/12v sets or parts are very cheaper, I want to know if it is possible to use most of 4.5v/12v sets or parts in 9v system except electric system? (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What does MOC mean?

(...) It's here: (URL) see lugnet.faq -Frank (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: What does MOC mean?

Just browsed her pages - couldn't find it. Anyone has that URL? Sonnich (...) I think this is in the acronym FAQ that Shiri maintains. In our hobby, it means "My Own Creation", and this is true across all subinterests, not just trains. However in (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What does MOC mean?

(...) I think this is in the acronym FAQ that Shiri maintains. In our hobby, it means "My Own Creation", and this is true across all subinterests, not just trains. However in some related toy and figure collecting hobbies you will see it used to (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  What does MOC mean?

Sorry I am a new comer in LEGO Train, does anyone tell me what MOC exact mean? Thanks! Zhengrong (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Six-wide train windshield

(...) Ah, that'll do. Much more affordable. But the part is PRINTED in 6453. I'll have to whip out my Brasso! As for the lack of a hinge, well, I wasn't actually planning to hinge this windshield the "standard" way, from the top rear. I can work (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

(...) Trollman, that's exactly the myth, the myth (Yeth?;) I have been talking about. There really isn't any big difference between 8 wide and 6 wide except that when you look at a 6 wide from its ends, it looks too tall for its width and looks (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

(...) Leave him alone. Maybe he's a good enough builder that he doesn't need the crutch of a 30% larger pallete to get the details right. Maybe he's a poor college student who doesn't have 2x the number of bricks that you need to build the same (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: probably longest Lego® train pulled by 1 engine

(...) I saw this by means of the BrickShelf recent additions. I was surprised since I had not seen you post about it. I almost called attention to your efforts myself. I am glad we heard it from you personally. To have so much 12v track! The train (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

James- All of your reasons are perfectly valid and, frankly, I wouldn't expect to convince you to build in any particular form. I just thought it would be cool if you took on an 8 wide project for the new experience of it. Actually, it's not all (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

(...) I remember "Try it, you'll like it!" Funny :-) There are reasons, however silly or irrelevant they may be, that I build six wide. Here are some that I can think of (not necessarily in any order of importance nor significance): 1. LEGO releases (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  wamaLTC Meeting Announcement

wamaLTC meeting announcement: Day: Sunday, November 19th Time: 10 am to 6 pm Place: Granddad's Hobby Shop demo room 5260A Port Royal Road Springfield, VA 22151-2113 (URL) is a play and build meeting (minimum business)!!! So all you train fans out (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

Okay, I've had it-- James, your designs are so cool and innovative that it kills me to see you building 6 wide instead of 8!! All I can think about is what you would be able to do with the added freedom of building 8 wide. Won't you please try (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

Acela HSEL locomotive version 2 items of note: 1. nose piece is attached by means of magnets. 2. two Acela locomotives made 3. two Acela locomotives attached nose-to-nose a. magnetic "bar" used to couple the two locomotives nose-to-nose. b. range of (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4 Wide Loco & 3 Wide Thomas:-)

(...) Now that SOO is some kinda cool. Nice detail work considering the size. Perhaps even cooler than the 2wides, and I did like those. The cab needs to be just a bit higher - perhaps a plate under the cab roof tiles would be enough. Might be too (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cool structure database - model idea source!

(...) (URL) is the National Information Service for Earthquake Engineering Structural Engineering Slide Library at UC Berkeley. Some good bridge pictures. Kevin ---...--- Personal Lego Web page: (URL) Park: Limited edition kit (URL) Kits & Custom (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Cool structure database - model idea source!

To get to a "structure type index" page click the "structures" link at the top of the scrollable frame, then click "type" in the second, non-scrollable frame:) (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Cool structure database - model idea source!

Just found a very interesting structures database at (URL) is obviously just the railroad bridges part but I couldn't find a "structures type index" page, so who knows what else is there. Only entries with a little gold blob beside the name actually (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  4 Wide Loco & 3 Wide Thomas:-)

Okay, my son strikes again:-) Here are some pics of his 4 wide Soo engine and a 3 wide Thomas: (URL) Soo utilizes some HO passenger trucks that I had purchased to use on my 4 wide Hiawatha passenger car: (URL) . We will have to find some Blombergs (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start in Train

"Zhengrong Zang" <legozang@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:39FB0A48.69BE47...hoo.com... (...) I noticed that you're from Japan, perhaps the East Japan LEGO train club can help you: (URL) Frank (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  probably longest Lego® train pulled by 1 engine

Dear all, as you might have noticed I have made myself a little rare and this is the first time since 14 days, that I'm surfing in Lugnet and the German www.1000steine.de . I have to become more active for my career and so I'm forced to limitate my (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  The Retail price of 6990

Does anyone tell me the retail price of 6990? Br Zhengrong (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Which to collect - 4.5v, 9v, 12v

I think 9v is most useful and popular, so you can combine train sets with RCX or any new coming electric or electronic sets. Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: How to start in Train

You can control a LEGO train via an RCX. If you are going to go this route make sure you have a 1.0 RCX version. This version has a AC Adapter connection on it. This is very useful if you are just going to have the RCX stationary (as is the case of (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start in Train

Dude, I can barely understand what you wrote, and English is my *first* language. If you want to be helpful, you are going to have to take a little time and proofread your posts, provide links ( (URL) ) when suggesting a site to visit, check your (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anybody used the technic speedster on a train?

(...) It was. Take the plans for the Snow Remover and put the device in there... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start in Train

(...) Ok first selcome to the trains of lego. What you will need to do is first by a train set which includes everything. Next if your want to control the train by RCX visit Matts Train Depot located to you left on the screen. Here there are train (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Has anybody used the technic speedster on a train?

This is set 5206 and gives the speed and distance of technic vehicles. Has anybody fitted one to a train - and if so how difficult is it? I think it was used at the the Lego train World Record in Seattle. David (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question

Larry Pieniazek wrote about black minifig heads: (...) It was in the 6340 Hook & Ladder, which was a common set not long ago. Red, OTOH, really is rare. /Eric/ (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  How to start in Train

I want to start in Train theme, I am not sure how to start, for example, may I need to buy trin motor, I read some information that people use technic motor to build train; I want to use RCX to control train, do I still need speed regulator? Then, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How do LEGO trains work?

(...) He's talking about an auction being run right now by Matthew Brown: (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed Trains-Photogallery Link-LEGO Acela v.1

Hi James, some interior pictures from ICE 3 on: (URL) pictures at: (URL) is the Gallery which could be found on (URL) search at Bildergalerie = picture gallery!! (...) Dein Deutsch ist nicht schlecht. = Your german is not bad. ;-)) (...) the (...) (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How do LEGO trains work?

(...) What do you mean MA13? is it a online shop? Br Zhengrong (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tracking LEGO inventions (was Self-Centering coupler)

(...) How about a 9v trains idea book? (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Tracking LEGO inventions (was Self-Centering coupler)

With all the wonderful inovations and inventions that happen here I didn't realize or remember the order in which these things happen. Thanks for the recognition and the iteration. Along these lines I was thinking about an area on the web (a.k.a a (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ICE Links

(...) ICE (but, I think the mercurio link is more comprehensive) (URL) Internation Travel Page: (URL) click on "High Speed" or "High Speed Trains". This has trains from all over the world. Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and other Pacific countries. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed Trains-Photogallery Link-LEGO Acela v.1

(...) This is not a problem. I have searched the web and found many ICE 3 photos, as well as many good photos of high-speed trains around the world. (...) No, I didn't get it. Sorry. It has been far too many years since I used German successfully. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact