 Trains / 8063
Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 16:11:19 GMT

Christopher Masi wrote:

<snip>

Point 2: you would not be able to build as many models at the same time. I
cannot seem to build two of anything anyway. I always have enough for 1.5 copies
of a 6-wide creation. So, for me 1 8-wide is better than 1.5 6-wides.

Interesting you should say that, Chris, because when building 8 wides and larger, I
have found it to be exactly the opposite case.  When I have a large project in the
works, I find it very time consuming to assemble all of the necessary parts from
auctions, trades, etc, and so many of my projects are months and sometimes years in the
making.  That's a lot of downtime between building;-)  So I have at least 10 different
creations in the works, all in different stages of completion.

I will say that building 8 wide requires a lot of patience and determination.  Of
course, a vast bulk selection would alleviate a lot of that!

<snip>

[1] If John would pose with it then it would only be 3 studs short ;) Reference
to old joke made by John.

<a la Garth> Good one;-)

-John