 Trains / 8040
Re: GMLTC going 8 wide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 15:08:26 GMT

John Gerlach wrote:

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Believe it or don't, I had absolutely no input to the decision for the GMLTC
to go 8 wide -- in fact, as you well know cuz you weren't a stranger to
dishing it out, I took all kinds of heat and ridicule for my 8 wide MOCs....
Then Conan saw the light....;-)

EXCUSE ME?????  What sort of revisionist history rewrite is this????

:-)

John Neal whined for months for the GMLTC to go 8-wide instead of 6-wide.
And after we couldn't take his whining anymore we broke down and voted 'yes'.

(I stuffed the ballot box;-)

And NOW he wants us to run train cars that are 60 studs long -- even though
the REST OF THE GROUP agreed that 8-wide x 44 studs long was a workable and
realistic maximum size...

For most cars.  J-1 refers to my impressive but long passenger cars, but hey,
I'm modeling an 80 foot long train car here!  Even at 60 studs I am compressing,
so I will continue to "whine";-)

John Neal won't be happy until we're building at
12" = 1' scale.  (That's *life sized*!)

Now *that's* an exaggeration!  14 wide will suffice:-)

Methinks John Neal needs some more ventilation in his print shop, he's
obviously been breathing too many fumes again...

Reality is setting in....I need to get back to the "shop";-)

-J-2, FUT train.org where we can air out our club's proverbial dirty laundry;-)

JohnG, GMLTC