 Trains / 8081
8080  |  8082
Subject:
Acela Nose L-coupler matches standard height
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 23:22:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Here are two versions of an L-coupler to bring the magnet height inside the
nose of the Acela down to the standard LEGO magnetic coupler height.

Version two is slightly shorter and perhaps a little more compact than version
one.  Both are shown via the above link.  I'm a little anxious to see if two
L-couplers (one in each Acela nose) will allow any more freedom for negotiating
more track configurations when the locomotives are coupled nose-to-nose; this
is opposed to the single yellow bar I first used to couple them nose-to-nose.

Side note:
I've tried to detail the rear end of the Acela locomotive.  I can't seem to
locate it now, but I recall seeing a photo of the Acela train set that shown
buffers up "high" at the end of the unit.  However, this may have been on the
passenger wagons, rather than the locomotive.

later,
James Mathis
PS: (Sorry if all these posts are boring or bothering folks by taking up so
many posts. I've just been pretty excited about building a new model, as I
hadn't been inspired in quite some time.  I must say that the sight of the LEGO
S@H train and door window packs is what sparked my imagination this go'round.
Thanks, LEGO!)